Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as fk

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as fk

Postby AliExpressMerchant » Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:11 am

Be aware - frustration post

I can understand your mind is still in 2000 when in most games you needed to walk like a retard for 30 minutes just to finish a quest, so you implemented the tree combersation in the same lazy way

but

why when I do any credo - I need to bring some credo specific item to stone/tree fucker? It makes no sense. Find/Study/Create/Acquire is okay. Bring it to a quest fucker 5k pixels away is not okay. Even with free travel.
Selling high quality tools for tokens. PM for more details
User avatar
AliExpressMerchant
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2026 8:28 am

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby Regulus2424 » Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:24 am

good day, fellow nomad

somewhat +1, I suppose
W6 - giga noob hermit
W7 - giga noob hermit, part 2
W12 - hermit
W13 - sprucecap extraordinaire from Magnanimous Magistrates
W14 - PotFriendJr from Doom Fortress
W15 - He Who Was from Gnomes Gone Gangsta
W16 - Marazhai from Wildfox Bread/Hogwarts
W16.1 - Knave from Pimp My Wheelchair
W16.2 - Knave-Errant from Ett gäng dumma smileys
User avatar
Regulus2424
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby ZamAlex » Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:28 am

AliExpressMerchant wrote:Be aware - frustration post

I can understand your mind is still in 2000 when in most games you needed to walk like a retard for 30 minutes just to finish a quest, so you implemented the tree combersation in the same lazy way

but

why when I do any credo - I need to bring some credo specific item to stone/tree fucker? It makes no sense. Find/Study/Create/Acquire is okay. Bring it to a quest fucker 5k pixels away is not okay. Even with free travel.


Whole quest system in this game is humiliation ritual for players and it's not even hidden.

Threes and boulders want to socialize with each other, but they cannot move. Thats why they asking neverending wave or herthling to do some specific action to other quest giver or bring it random item. It has not sense first, but it's some sort secret language, that only quest givers understand.
Problem that sometimes hearthlings are comming even when quest giver don't need to send any message to his colleague, so it's decide to made it up something to just make these herthling to fuck off - go make a naked swim, kill a mammoth(please die die die). And as reward they can just give us imaginary numbers, trash that other hearthlings gave them or littery leaf - just to watch your disappointment of ass stats on it.
So devs just projecting themself through the nature, yeah.
User avatar
ZamAlex
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby ErdTod » Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:05 am

I like quests, what I don't like is that quest givers can be easily griefed
User avatar
ErdTod
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby Ganhart » Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:11 am

+1
but let’s be realistic, jorb won’t change credos ever
User avatar
Ganhart
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Aug 21, 2026 5:45 pm

id take bring a dandelion to cuminmybut over Study Washed-Up Bladderwrack x4 any day but still +1
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

randomtelelocxyz wrote:want wish to jorb stop loving gayanal porn

Archipenos wrote:Irl if someone kills me, if I want to burn their house down, nothing but fear of the law or reprisal or my own moral compass stops me.
User avatar
linkfanpc
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby Mr_Bober » Fri Aug 21, 2026 6:04 pm

I don't mind it too much. I just with it would tell you if the npc is overground or underground (and on which layer)...
Mr_Bober
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby animary » Sat Aug 22, 2026 11:56 pm

I always viewed the "take this rock to that tree" or "wave at this boulder", whether a general quest or credo, to be just a way of getting us out exploring.

One change I would like for credos - once you have finished a quest, or bailed it, do not get that quest again for that credo.
animary
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:05 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby MightySheep » Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:54 am

It's never been easier to travel far
User avatar
MightySheep
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: Credo quests to bring an item to stone/tree is stupid as

Postby joojoo1975 » Sun Aug 23, 2026 4:20 am

Ganhart wrote:+1
but let’s be realistic, jorb won’t change credos ever



I agree with J & L not doing it, but you never know

so +1 overall
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
User avatar
joojoo1975
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: no where specific


Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Claude [Bot], Yandex [Bot]