Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:48 pm

At the same time, I would encourage you to not cause the author of a custom client to burnout, since we now have examples of that happening.
NeoBasilisk

Postby WESKERBOY » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Sorry crash thread is closed i have a question i need to download update and unpack it on the folder?or what i need to do?
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 pm

WESKERBOY wrote:Sorry crash thread is closed i have a question i need to download update and unpack it on the folder?or what i need to do?

Yes, to update the client, you unzip the contents of the .zip into the base directory of the amber client. This should overwrite some existing files. If it is not overwriting old files, then you are putting the files in the wrong directory.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Vulgarr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:32 am

Ctrl+P (Growth/crop phases) seems to be busted for trees at the moment. Most just show as 32-33 for me regardless of their actual growth phase, confirmed with two other friends playing that the same is occuring.

All of us using amber-1.72.2
Vulgarr

Postby LostJustice » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Vulgarr wrote:Ctrl+P (Growth/crop phases) seems to be busted for trees at the moment. Most just show as 32-33 for me regardless of their actual growth phase, confirmed with two other friends playing that the same is occuring.

All of us using amber-1.72.2

This is already known and if you read a page before he says this. It broke with the seasons update and needs a rewrite. For now be happy there is a working client and let the man update that part if he wants to. :)
LostJustice

Postby Witgang » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:At the same time, I would encourage you to not cause the author of a custom client to burnout, since we now have examples of that happening.

i'm quite sure that if amber is droped the game is droped.
i just had to go back to default client for 5 minutes (because for some strange reason amber doesn't show towercap radii while the default one does) to mine a bit near some towercap tree's and 5 min of it was painfull enough for me to say i'll go back to amber and count the tiles which i did , but because i've got used to ardenne's growth % shown always, now in amber with broken tree growth number display i just mined outside the radius of the not fully grown towercap and got my had bashed for about 61 concussion and 45 punch sore, that's almost half my points.
so i'm on the edge of just quitting the game not just because of this small thing, but because ther's an awful lot of features we just take for granted in custom client that when going back to default one is unplayable and i won't play a game that is only playable because of some highly dedicated community member giving them a helping hand and them not supporting the one doing the work.
i just hope the devs realize it that without amber right now the game is dead and if i were them i'd drop anything and start to look at the most requested features and just import from the custom client.
Witgang

Postby Ejnekor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 am

I have strange logout bug right now when I use the press. Pears/grapes - it just logs me out fully, no error messages. Anyone else with same issue? :(

Edit: just got logged out while on farm, so it not only the press... something that never happened before.
Ejnekor

Postby FuriousFox » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Here is a temporary solution for those who are facing amber client connection loss problem. Just copy linked file in the client folder. I will inform Romovs about this essential bug.

HotFix https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qp58Y6ZuPTbd4TpfezvZajBI3_5VCfjM
FuriousFox

Postby czaper2 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:34 pm

FuriousFox wrote:Here is a temporary solution for those who are facing amber client connection loss problem. Just copy linked file in the client folder. I will inform Romovs about this essential bug.

HotFix https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qp58Y6ZuPTbd4TpfezvZajBI3_5VCfjM

Rando executable file from a guy with 10 posts promising to fix all my problems. Yeah that sounds safe.
czaper2

Postby FuriousFox » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 pm

czaper2 wrote:Rando executable file from a guy with 10 posts promising to fix all my problems. Yeah that sounds safe.

I already informed Romov, so you can wait a bit ...
FuriousFox

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower