Map Merger 2.0.7

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Map Merger 1.9.1

Postby Prodark » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:22 am

Drevar wrote:Does SessionWatcher also update the fingerprints file as it encounter new/changed tiles, either by reading data from the fingerprints in the active session or calculating them itself, or are they only used on a user initiated merge from saved sessions? Just wondering how it will handle a mix of tiles that don't have fingerprints, like from previously merged tiles in another tool or from another custom client's sessions (non-bdew).

Ugh, I hope you can follow that, heh.

Yeah, got it ^^
Well, if a Map with fingerprints is loaded and merged with a Map without Fingerprints, they will be transferred to the new map and used for future merging too. Fingerprints will always be loaded, this also counts for the SessionWatcher.
Calculating the Fingerprint in the tool self is currently not implemented, as i have to copy Bdews algorithm for that. Probably will do that in the future.

I just noticed that i don't export the Fingerprints when exporting the Tiles to a Directory...will add that later to the tool.
Prodark

Postby CapnCliff » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:06 am

I cant seem to get the markers to work. when I hit the save button nothing happens. I right click. name the marker, choose an icon and save but nothing happens. am I doing something wrong?
CapnCliff

Postby Prodark » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:09 am

CapnCliff wrote:I cant seem to get the markers to work. when I hit the save button nothing happens. I right click. name the marker, choose an icon and save but nothing happens. am I doing something wrong?

Did you set them to visible? By pressing M you can show/Hide all Markers.
Prodark

Postby Drevar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:45 am

Getting a lot of "stopped responding" issues dealing with Layers and manual merging. Using tiles from bdew's, and not very large sessions, like maybe 90 or so tiles at a time.

Most times the program freezes up and crashes while trying to move them or when merging it thinks for an inordinately long time and most times Windows gives up on it and prompts to close the program. Other times it moves fine, but when I change the zoom level to better align the tiles it freezes. I am having to manual merge through layers because the auto-merging doesn't seem to work well at all, usually skipping every session in the Game Map folder and prompting to manual merge. It appears to be the layers window and associated functions that is causing these particular freezes.

Also a few general performance issues. My main map is 34k+ tiles, so I can understand the long initial loads, though one would think it would load faster being on an SSD. Once loaded, rendering while zooming takes a horribly long time; 30+ seconds sometimes to get all the tiles rendered per zoom level. If I try to scroll through several zoom levels it is likely to stop responding and crash. At max zoom out, I am only using 1.5-1.6GB out of 14+GB available.

Another question: Does SessionWatcher also require the Amber Client? I can't seem to get it to work with bdew's.

Some suggestions :
Layers should always center themselves at or near 0,0 rather than oddly positioning all over the Main Map.
When choosing a directory for layers, it should default to the Game Map directory. Having to drill down every time gets really tiring.
You might consider pre-rendered Zoom levels vs generating them on demand, similar to TP Map Tool. TP Map Tool loads the map instantly and there is no slow progressive loading as what happens here. I also use under 200MB with the TP tool, as opposed to the 1.6Gigs mentioned above (not that I am hurting for memory or anything). Oddly TP Map Tool eats up nearly 30% processor time on a 4-core i5-3570k even when just sitting there doing nothing, so it isn't exactly Nirvana, itself.
Drevar

Postby Prodark » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:48 am

Most times the program freezes up and crashes while trying to move them or when merging it thinks for an inordinately long time and most times Windows gives up on it and prompts to close the program. Other times it moves fine, but when I change the zoom level to better align the tiles it freezes. I am having to manual merge through layers because the auto-merging doesn't seem to work well at all, usually skipping every session in the Game Map folder and prompting to manual merge. It appears to be the layers window and associated functions that is causing these particular freezes.

I'll check if i can find the reason for that.

Also a few general performance issues. My main map is 34k+ tiles, so I can understand the long initial loads, though one would think it would load faster being on an SSD. Once loaded, rendering while zooming takes a horribly long time; 30+ seconds sometimes to get all the tiles rendered per zoom level. If I try to scroll through several zoom levels it is likely to stop responding and crash. At max zoom out, I am only using 1.5-1.6GB out of 14+GB available.

Biggest map i personally tried was around 20k tiles. I'll do some testing with bigger maps to find the problems.

Another question: Does SessionWatcher also require the Amber Client? I can't seem to get it to work with bdew's.

Yes, it should work with all clients. SessionWatcher uses the Game-Map-Directory Setting. It will watch that Directory and check for Changes.
The Amber Map Directory is a Settings specific to PlayerTracker.

Some suggestions :
Layers should always center themselves at or near 0,0 rather than oddly positioning all over the Main Map.
When choosing a directory for layers, it should default to the Game Map directory. Having to drill down every time gets really tiring.

Will do.

You might consider pre-rendered Zoom levels vs generating them on demand, similar to TP Map Tool. TP Map Tool loads the map instantly and there is no slow progressive loading as what happens here. I also use under 200MB with the TP tool, as opposed to the 1.6Gigs mentioned above (not that I am hurting for memory or anything). Oddly TP Map Tool eats up nearly 30% processor time on a 4-core i5-3570k even when just sitting there doing nothing, so it isn't exactly Nirvana, itself.

Yeah, i guess the crashes are also because of the RAM-Usage. So I'll try to improve that.

EDIT
I am having to manual merge through layers because the auto-merging doesn't seem to work well at all, usually skipping every session in the Game Map folder and prompting to manual merge.

Can you check the Logfile for the reasons why it couldn't auto-merge?
Prodark

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Hey, Prodark

Custom fonts doesn't seem to be working anymore (?) my old font was changed and now when I set a new font, restart or try anything else, the font is always the same :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Prodark » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:56 pm

DaniAngione wrote:Hey, Prodark

Custom fonts doesn't seem to be working anymore (?) my old font was changed and now when I set a new font, restart or try anything else, the font is always the same :P

Just tried with the current 1.9.1 version and it's working there. Can you check the .cfg File if your Font it set in there?

EDIT : Okay, i was wrong, there's an error there ^^
I'm currently working on some big changes which will improve Performance by alot so i can't upload a fix right away, but i'll try to get it done by tomorrow.
Prodark

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Prodark wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:Hey, Prodark

Just tried with the current 1.9.1 version and it's working there. Can you check the .cfg File if your Font it set in there?

EDIT : Okay, i was wrong, there's an error there ^^
I'm currently working on some big changes which will improve Performance by alot so i can't upload a fix right away, but i'll try to get it done by tomorrow.

Oh, no worries :) Not a biggie, just thought I should let you know.
Thanks for finding the issue :)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby CapnCliff » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 am

How do you get the live mode to work exatly. what file do I select for position file.
CapnCliff

Postby Prodark » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 am

CapnCliff wrote:How do you get the live mode to work exatly. what file do I select for position file.

You have to start your Amber Client with the extra start parameter '-p FILENAME'. You can freely choose any filename here.
The Client will then write the Player Position to the File, you specified in the parameter. You have to set the MapMerger Position File to this File.
Prodark

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower