Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby goldenrage » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi there, was wondering how it is that you create the .res files for the custom audio resources.
goldenrage

Postby Keiriku » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 pm

goldenrage wrote:Hi there, was wondering how it is that you create the .res files for the custom audio resources.

https://github.com/EnderWiggin/LayerUtil
Keiriku

Postby goldenrage » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Cheers, that worked a treat.
goldenrage

Postby blank » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:55 pm

romovs wrote:
blank wrote:Hey how does the harvest trellis extension work? it will destroy trellis but it wont harvest.

It needs to be at the last, harvestable, stage to work.
Which crop are you trying to harvest? I haven't tested every single one, so there could be a bug with one of them...

for pepper i hit the button and nothing happens i tried it with and with out scyth to see if that made a difference still nothing. but the auto destroy trellis crop works fine.
blank

Postby captainmorgan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm having two problems.

I updated the client by overwriting the old files, Now my explored map in the game is gone :( I saved the map files to disk, anyway to get it back from them? Strange thing is the map shows up fine in Ender's Client.

The other issue is that it can't find the grid_ids.txt file.

I'm on Linux Mint.

Thanks
captainmorgan

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:39 pm

captainmorgan wrote:I'm having two problems.

I updated the client by overwriting the old files, Now my explored map in the game is gone :( I saved the map files to disk, anyway to get it back from them? Strange thing is the map shows up fine in Ender's Client.
Thanks

I think this answers one of your questions ...

romovs wrote: However in the last update there was a small change done to run.bat (which is not present in the zip you get through client but is present in the full download).
I've modified it so it will use maps saved by the default client, meaning you won't see maps which were previously saved from amber.
If you copied run.bat while updating - edit it and paste this. It will return to previous behaviour.
Code: Select all
start javaw -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar hafen.jar -U http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby romovs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 pm

blank wrote:
romovs wrote:
blank wrote:Hey how does the harvest trellis extension work? it will destroy trellis but it wont harvest.

It needs to be at the last, harvestable, stage to work.
Which crop are you trying to harvest? I haven't tested every single one, so there could be a bug with one of them...

for pepper i hit the button and nothing happens i tried it with and with out scyth to see if that made a difference still nothing. but the auto destroy trellis crop works fine.

Hmm harvesting pepper seems to work fine on my end. I am not sure why destroy would work while harvest wouldn't. The only difference between them is that the later also checks for crop's stage.
It's possible that there is another crop which is actually closer than pepper but blocked by an empty trellis or something, so char is trying to ahrvest it instead and failing? A picture of your setup might help (taken at the moment you are trying to harvest).

captainmorgan wrote:I'm having two problems.

The other issue is that it can't find the grid_ids.txt file.

I'm on Linux Mint.

Thanks

What Amanda said ^
For Linux though you need to edit run.sh. Just replace https with http.
grid_ids.txt should be in the main zip. The one linked in the OP.
romovs

Postby captainmorgan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Thank you both I now have my map again.

I have the grid_ids.txt file but for some reason the Amber Client can't find it. I get an error message in the terminal.

Code: Select all
java.io.FileNotFoundException: grid_ids.txt (No such file or directory)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
   at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:58)
   at haven.Config.<clinit>(Config.java:525)
   at haven.MainFrame.<clinit>(MainFrame.java:41)
captainmorgan

Postby Fevix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Is this the place to put suggestions? If so, I think constantly showing the protection rings of mining supports would be quite helpful. Either that or highlighting protected tiles somehow. Perhaps a button in Xtensions to toggle it?

If it helps, this information is from the wiki:
Wooden supports have a radius of 9 tiles
Stone columns have a radius of 11 tiles
The ladder from a mineshaft acts as a Wooden support.

The exact center of a tile must be within the radius to be protected.

EDIT: I just recalled a small bug, also related to mining. Not sure if this is a vanilla thing or an Amber thing: If you right click while you have the mining selection box active, the selection box stays there permanantly.
Fevix

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Fevix wrote:Is this the place to put suggestions? If so, I think constantly showing the protection rings of mining supports would be quite helpful. Either that or highlighting protected tiles somehow. Perhaps a button in Xtensions to toggle it?

EDIT: I just recalled a small bug, also related to mining. Not sure if this is a vanilla thing or an Amber thing: If you right click while you have the mining selection box active, the selection box stays there permanantly.

There already is a mining support radius feature in the client ... ctrl+D ... toggles it on and off. If you read the first page most of the keys you need for the features are there. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower