Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby Hasta » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm not sure how to use Search for these things so if they've been already suggested (and, evidently, declined for a reason) throw something heavy at me.

Crafting system in Hafen is marvelous, but lacks basic QoL functions. This has been greatly alleviated with a lot of useful macros and hotkeys in this custom client, but still I believe there's room for improvement.

1. Limited quantity crafting. "Craft 1" and "craft all" is good, but how often one finds himself knee-deep in butter, clutching a churn, near to an empty barrel that used to contain 100l of milk? A simple counter of craft iterations in the crafting window would be great. Need 20 butter? Type "20", make 20 butter.
This one would be even more useful considering the recent "craft from a stockpile" perk the devs added.

2. Components crafting. I know the item icons have a function to refer player to corresponding Wiki page (shift-ctrl click or something), but do item icons in crafting window have possibility for similar function? For example, if I open the recipe for Traveller's Sack, can it be arranged that clicking on Hardened leather icon in the sack's crafting window would open Hardened Leather crafting window?
Hasta

Postby rainland » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to disable visitor gate flag animations? I just built them and thinking about destroying because I hate them already...

Thanks
rainland

Postby uncleseano » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 pm

borka wrote:
romovs wrote:Alt + LMB - Transfer identical items between inventory and container/stockpile in ascending order.
Alt + RMB - Transfer identical items between inventory and container/stockpile in descending order.

prolly a short look into opening post would have helped ... DIY ;)

I did already, I can't get this work at all. I think you need have an item already in hand or something. I'm just tring to take either the lowest or highest quality
uncleseano

Postby borka » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:53 am

uncleseano wrote:
borka wrote:
romovs wrote:Alt + LMB - Transfer identical items between inventory and container/stockpile in ascending order.
Alt + RMB - Transfer identical items between inventory and container/stockpile in descending order.

prolly a short look into opening post would have helped ... DIY ;)

I did already, I can't get this work at all. I think you need have an item already in hand or something. I'm just tring to take either the lowest or highest quality

identical items = item already in hand

tried with Shift + Mousewheel up/down to sort everything in container ascending/ descending ?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby uncleseano » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Alt + RMB - Transfer identical items between inventory and container/stockpile in descending order.[/quote]

prolly a short look into opening post would have helped ... DIY ;)[/quote]

I did already, I can't get this work at all. I think you need have an item already in hand or something. I'm just tring to take either the lowest or highest quality[/quote]

identical items = item already in hand

tried with Shift + Mousewheel up/down to sort everything in container ascending/ descending ?[/quote]

So you gotta take everything out of the stockpile and then hold one of the item in hand and then roll put them back in either best first or crappest first? Not exactly the method I was hoping for. I was hoping for the ability to just grab say the crappest item out of say a leather stockpile if I wanna make a backpack or grab the best iron out if I'm making something of the best Quality I have. Guess it's just a case of empty the stockpile and doing it by hand
uncleseano

Postby rainland » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:34 pm

rainland wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to disable visitor gate flag animations? I just built them and thinking about destroying because I hate them already...

Thanks

Or, is it possible to hide palisade altogether? Like trees with Ctrl + H.
rainland

Postby hotte » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 pm

i have a problem with this client, can you help me? its just freezing every 10-15 minutes (more often after I took a focus on another application), but if I look at my cahracter from twink (second opened client), its still moves, if I click on freezed client. What could help with it?
hotte

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:14 am

Could someone tell me where the client maps are stored on a mac?
I'm interested in making a standalone image of my full map...
_Gunnar

Postby borka » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:35 am

You'd have to create a folder "map" in client and enable "save maps to disc" in options - then all tiles get saved there

Otherwise in the user cache ... but no clue where that's on Mac

search for a "Haven and Hearth data" folder (?)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Genabeton » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:55 am

Hasta wrote:I'm not sure how to use Search for these things so if they've been already suggested (and, evidently, declined for a reason) throw something heavy at me.

Crafting system in Hafen is marvelous, but lacks basic QoL functions. This has been greatly alleviated with a lot of useful macros and hotkeys in this custom client, but still I believe there's room for improvement.

1. Limited quantity crafting. "Craft 1" and "craft all" is good, but how often one finds himself knee-deep in butter, clutching a churn, near to an empty barrel that used to contain 100l of milk? A simple counter of craft iterations in the crafting window would be great. Need 20 butter? Type "20", make 20 butter.
This one would be even more useful considering the recent "craft from a stockpile" perk the devs added.

2. Components crafting. I know the item icons have a function to refer player to corresponding Wiki page (shift-ctrl click or something), but do item icons in crafting window have possibility for similar function? For example, if I open the recipe for Traveller's Sack, can it be arranged that clicking on Hardened leather icon in the sack's crafting window would open Hardened Leather crafting window?

Hasta :o :shock: ¦]
Genabeton

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower