Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby cobbleminer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:16 pm

need button bind map , im tired of clicking with mouse pointer
cobbleminer

Postby cobbleminer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:19 pm

how to turn on numbers to be displayed on HP energy and sta bars?
cobbleminer

Postby Uriel » Sat May 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Could it be posible to heave search window for custom markers on map?
Uriel

Postby cryfarmer » Sun May 03, 2020 5:17 pm

boar agro range is wrong , its at least 25% bigger than whats displayed in the game , i confirmed it already many times. they always aggro far out of whats displayed in the game. fix it pls
cryfarmer

Postby czaper2 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:03 pm

cryfarmer wrote:boar agro range is wrong , its at least 25% bigger than whats displayed in the game , i confirmed it already many times. they always aggro far out of whats displayed in the game. fix it pls

It's a highlighter designed to show you that a dangerous animal exists, not an indicator of the distance required to stay out of their aggro range.
czaper2

Postby AlexNT » Mon May 04, 2020 5:24 am

I'm trying to figure out map settings and need some help.

Is Amber client supposed to detect global coordinates on Odditown map? Mine doesn't so I was wondering if I'm missing some settings?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a grid_ids.txt in either the build in the first post or on Git. And the ones that I'm finding elsewhere don't seem to contain tile ids from world 12 that get saved if I enable saving tiles in the client. Is there a new grid_ids.txt for world 12 somewhere?
AlexNT

Postby bmjclark » Mon May 04, 2020 5:54 am

AlexNT wrote:I'm trying to figure out map settings and need some help.

Is Amber client supposed to detect global coordinates on Odditown map? Mine doesn't so I was wondering if I'm missing some settings?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a grid_ids.txt in either the build in the first post or on Git. And the ones that I'm finding elsewhere don't seem to contain tile ids from world 12 that get saved if I enable saving tiles in the client. Is there a new grid_ids.txt for world 12 somewhere?

Hasnt been released yet.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby AlexNT » Mon May 04, 2020 6:24 pm

bmjclark wrote:Hasnt been released yet.

Actually, looking at the code, it appears as if the coordinate detection by grid_ids.txt has been completely overwritten by the integration with Navigation (see below).

Config.gridIdsMap is still populated at startup, but it doesn't look as if Navigation is using it anywhere in setting absoluteCoordinates or detectedAbsoluteCoordinates. Instead absoluteCoordinates seems to be using mapdata_index_local/global (except I couldn't get it to use a manually generated mapdata_index_local yet) and detectedAbsoluteCoordinates uses some heuristic which I didn't have time to parse through but which doesn't seem to work anyway (stuck at the same coordinates no matter what).

Can someone confirm?

Code: Select all
 geoloc = new IButton("gfx/hud/wndmap/btns/geoloc", "", "", "") {

Was:
 return mmap.cur != null ? Config.gridIdsMap.get(mmap.cur.grid.id) : null;

Now:
 Coord2d locatedAC = Navigation.getAbsoluteCoordinates();
 Coord2d detectedAC = Navigation.getDetectedAbsoluteCoordinates();
AlexNT

Postby Spin2Win » Sat May 09, 2020 7:54 pm

what does absolute login coordinates mean
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby algeralith » Sat May 09, 2020 8:35 pm

AlexNT wrote:
bmjclark wrote:Hasnt been released yet.

Actually, looking at the code, it appears as if the coordinate detection by grid_ids.txt has been completely overwritten by the integration with Navigation (see below).

Config.gridIdsMap is still populated at startup, but it doesn't look as if Navigation is using it anywhere in setting absoluteCoordinates or detectedAbsoluteCoordinates. Instead absoluteCoordinates seems to be using mapdata_index_local/global (except I couldn't get it to use a manually generated mapdata_index_local yet) and detectedAbsoluteCoordinates uses some heuristic which I didn't have time to parse through but which doesn't seem to work anyway (stuck at the same coordinates no matter what).

Can someone confirm?

geoloc = new IButton("gfx/hud/wndmap/btns/geoloc", "", "", "") {

Was:
 return mmap.cur != null ? Config.gridIdsMap.get(mmap.cur.grid.id) : null;

Now:
 Coord2d locatedAC = Navigation.getAbsoluteCoordinates();
 Coord2d detectedAC = Navigation.getDetectedAbsoluteCoordinates();

You are correct, when the automapping service was merged in, it removed the ability to detect coordinates from a grid_ids.txt file.
If I find some spare time, I will hopefully code something up and send a pull request to Romovs. Assuming someone has not beat me to it that is.
algeralith

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower