Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby Undercio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:32 pm

LostJustice wrote:
Eycariot wrote:I need help :roll:

Edit: also I noticed you are using a 86x version of java on a 64 but version of Windows. Uninstalling java and installing the 64 bit will probably fix your problem as well.

For x64 systems both x86 and x64 versions of java should be installed for compatibility. Client is x86 so it should be run (and will work faster) under x86 java. Basically its better to keep only x86 version unless some x64 app needs x64 version. You can force java to use either x86 or x64 to run specific apps (installation order for example, latest installed will handle apps by default)... and by adding path to run.bat to use java.exe from x86 folder you can force to run it with x86.
Undercio

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Thank you for the replys to the crash I had the other day... should have seen it myself from just reading through the report.
Keep up the good work.

EDIT: As a suggestion, it would be nice to have the Xtension-button "Equip weapon from the inventory or a belt" recognize the boarspear as weapon ;)
Schattengaenger

Postby TiFFman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 pm

I have two suggestions that I hope haven't been mentioned in this thread or that I've missed in game.

1. The ability in say UI settings to toggle Always show cattle names. When they look the same it's annoying to have to click them and inspect everytime to find the right one.
2. Add Xtensions to the actionbar. I would love to be able to quickly open the Cattle Manager window from the action bar.
(I noticed that Cows don't show up under cattle, just Bulls?)

Thanks! Love the client.
TiFFman

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 pm

TiFFman wrote:I have two suggestions that I hope haven't been mentioned in this thread or that I've missed in game.

1. The ability in say UI settings to toggle Always show cattle names. When they look the same it's annoying to have to click them and inspect everytime to find the right one.
2. Add Xtensions to the actionbar. I would love to be able to quickly open the Cattle Manager window from the action bar.

Thanks! Love the client.

As I understand it, is 2. impossible, because they are saves serverside, but since they are not from the original client the server wouldn't know what it is and not save it anyway.
Schattengaenger

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:
TiFFman wrote:I have two suggestions that I hope haven't been mentioned in this thread or that I've missed in game.

Thanks! Love the client.

As I understand it, is 2. impossible, because they are saves serverside, but since they are not from the original client the server wouldn't know what it is and not save it anyway.

You can store them on the left F Key hotbar.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby TiFFman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Ardennesss wrote:You can store them on the left F Key hotbar.

Thank you! I forgot about that actionbar. It was hidden way in the top right of my screen so didn't notice it lol
TiFFman

Postby LostJustice » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Undercio wrote:
LostJustice wrote:
Eycariot wrote:I need help :roll:

Edit: also I noticed you are using a 86x version of java on a 64 but version of Windows. Uninstalling java and installing the 64 bit will probably fix your problem as well.

For x64 systems both x86 and x64 versions of java should be installed for compatibility. Client is x86 so it should be run (and will work faster) under x86 java. Basically its better to keep only x86 version unless some x64 app needs x64 version. You can force java to use either x86 or x64 to run specific apps (installation order for example, latest installed will handle apps by default)... and by adding path to run.bat to use java.exe from x86 folder you can force to run it with x86.

You are talking about something in theory that should work. 86x means backwards compatible for 32x bit instructions which can translate normal 64x bit instructions to 32x bit especially when dealing with longs data types and other similar operations. So yes of course you can do what you said but that is theoretically how it is supposed to work. Some systems can fail on this translation and even still be missing an instruction especially with older chips since things were added and changed in chip architecture. So again I would switch to a 64 bit for 64 windows and not use 86.
LostJustice

Postby AndyAdjutor » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm

I need a little help in Amber compiling.
I have a notebook with Intel video, so Amber with resent java versions didn`t work for me. So i`m using jre8.25, which works with Intel videocards. So i installed jdk8.25 to have a same version, and IntelliJ IDEA and did all from this guide. All works fine, compilles, runs and logins. After i tried to do the same for Amber, but the result is:
Code: Select all
Ant build completed with 3 errors and 37 warnings in 2m 44s at 13.12.2018 18:56

I cannot even copy errors here, because only one line can be copied in one time, so i`ll copy just some of them:
D:\dev\amber\build.xml:24: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:1180)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:935)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

Screenshots:

What i`m doing wrong?
AndyAdjutor

Postby LostJustice » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:05 am

AndyAdjutor wrote:I need a little help in Amber compiling.
I have a notebook with Intel video, so Amber with resent java versions didn`t work for me. So i`m using jre8.25, which works with Intel videocards. So i installed jdk8.25 to have a same version, and IntelliJ IDEA and did all from this guide. All works fine, compilles, runs and logins. After i tried to do the same for Amber, but the result is:
Ant build completed with 3 errors and 37 warnings in 2m 44s at 13.12.2018 18:56

I cannot even copy errors here, because only one line can be copied in one time, so i`ll copy just some of them:
D:\dev\amber\build.xml:24: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:1180)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:935)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

Screenshots:

What i`m doing wrong?

If you are using my guide, make sure at the top right that no instances of previous compiles are running (aka the red little square should be greyed out). Two, I see that you are attempting to use reflection, if you are using reflection make sure you are setting your access variable correctly and that they are public when you access them. If you are still having trouble, I suggest restarting the tutorial to make sure you didn't miss a step. Using older java versions can be risky though so I cannot out rule that isn't your problem either. If you are still trying to debug this, I suggest joining the discord link posted there and then asking in the discord for some assistance. And if you made any changes to the client, sharing this can also help assist in explaining what you might be having issues with.
LostJustice

Postby AndyAdjutor » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:06 am

LostJustice wrote:

Well, i make it work, but dunno how. I installed latest jdk and created new project step by step from guide, but in version choosing step i pick latest version. I didn`t help too, after double click on run or hafen-client there still was the same error. But then somehow i misclicked on the play triangle in ant build zone and it started all scripts(?) from zone, from build-env to run. And then there was no errors exept of runtime error in hafen "Haha, you stupid notebook user", because project on latest jdk version choose latest jre version to run app(or dunno how it works, because only jre i have is 8.25). But after that i manually run compiled hafen.jar with 8.25 and it runs, logins and works fine.
AndyAdjutor

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower