Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 pm

dafels wrote:request: option to disable character running/walking animation for fps boost purposes when you have loads of moving characters on screen

Is it really the character animations that reduce the FPS or is it the amount of characters on screen (or possibly the ones oscillating in and ouf of render distance)?

As a more perverse suggestion: why not hide the characters completely and replace them with their hitbox, colored by group the character is in? Should reduce overhead even more.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby dafels » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm

You have no idea of the pain of an average faction warrior. You have ~30 people on screen with 5-10 fps and you are somehow supposed to fight in these conditions when there is a few people in the fight having enormous advantage with their better pcs and fps. What I requested might sound a bit too over the top, but if that increases FPS, the looks don't matter anymore. Even if it brings my average fps from 5-10 to 10-15, it will be a huge gameplay and fps improvement. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. I will take whatever improves my fps during this situation, even if it hides the characters and turns them into boxes, so I am able to fight atleast instead of having a slideshow until loftar offers some improvements regarding this which is probably still forever away, it is fucking ridiculous how good CPU this game requires
dafels

Postby magisticus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 am

Possibly might have been some sort of stealth windows security update that fucks with the client communicating with the website? Weirdly was getting connection closed by remote host as of a couple of days ago - did normal things rolling back drivers and java version - tried switching off firewall.. Seems can open the client fine if I am on a private network but not a public one, regardless of the way the two are set up. Not sure if this is just me? Could be something changed in my network (as I don't control that, then again I don't really have much control over my own windows updates these days) rather than windows dunno.. Starting to think the Mrs might be right about Macs.

Even momentarily reverted to the default client, and omg does that make you miss this one!
magisticus

Postby magisticus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 am

dafels wrote:You have no idea of the pain of an average faction warrior. You have ~30 people on screen with 5-10 fps and you are somehow supposed to fight in these conditions when there is a few people in the fight having enormous advantage with their better pcs and fps. What I requested might sound a bit too over the top, but if that increases FPS, the looks don't matter anymore. Even if it brings my average fps from 5-10 to 10-15, it will be a huge gameplay and fps improvement. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. I will take whatever improves my fps during this situation, even if it hides the characters and turns them into boxes, so I am able to fight atleast instead of having a slideshow until loftar offers some improvements regarding this which is probably still forever away, it is fucking ridiculous how good CPU this game requires

You don't want to see it coming, when someone with 20k strength and a q600 B12 whacks you on the head, it's better to just not know about it.
magisticus

Postby Naro » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Is there a way to drag and drop extensions menu stuff to the hotbar? It does not work for me.
Naro

Postby Granger » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Naro wrote:Is there a way to drag and drop extensions menu stuff to the hotbar? It does not work for me.

It works for the F-key bar.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby romovs » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Granger wrote:
Naro wrote:Is there a way to drag and drop extensions menu stuff to the hotbar? It does not work for me.

Yeah, what Granger said. It doesn't work for numerical hotbar because num hotbar settings are saved on the server and extensions are amber specific and cannot be saved on the server.

Also regarding the feature requests - I'll be no longer adding new features for the foreseeable future. I will however try to keep the client in a working state against all the future server updates.
You should probably redirect all your feature requests towards Seatribe. You know the company that actually makes its living from this.
romovs

Postby magisticus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm

romovs wrote:
Granger wrote:

Yeah, what Granger said. It doesn't work for numerical hotbar because num hotbar settings are saved on the server and extensions are amber specific and cannot be saved on the server.

Also regarding the feature requests - I'll be no longer adding new features for the foreseeable future. I will however try to keep the client in a working state against all the future server updates.
You should probably redirect all your feature requests towards Seatribe. You know the company that actually makes its living from this.

Might be better if they just adopted your client as default....
magisticus

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Granger wrote:
dafels wrote:request: option to disable character running/walking animation for fps boost purposes when you have loads of moving characters on screen

Is it really the character animations that reduce the FPS or is it the amount of characters on screen (or possibly the ones oscillating in and ouf of render distance)?

As a more perverse suggestion: why not hide the characters completely and replace them with their hitbox, colored by group the character is in? Should reduce overhead even more.

Actually I think I experimented with disabling some rendering stuff, and removing all animations considerably increased fps, might remember wrong though.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:12 am

romovs wrote:I will however try to keep the client in a working state against all the future server updates.

That is all I would ask/hope for and thank you again for the client and all your work on it. I wish they would adopt your client, the thought of ever having to play without it is a scary one! ;)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower