Minimal UI res file

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Modifying res files

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Undefined wrote:Made a few more tweaks, it's going to be a while before I tackle overhauling the pop up windows etc due to work load and wanting to actually play some, but I'll get to them eventually.
If anyone wants to use it you can download it from here: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/builtin-res.jar
Just replace the file in whatever standalone client you're using. won't impact anything else other than replacing elements of the base interface.

Thanks a bunch!
Paradoxs

Postby Usernm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you from me too. :)
Sorry for my english, I am from Russia and use soviet one. :)
Usernm

Postby Undefined » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:48 pm

Spent an hour or so dealing with the pop up windows since they REALLY started to bug me.
Looks like this (Yeah I know it's not perfect but I'll clean it up at some point later, I mostly just wanted the larger close buttons so I could stop playing squint and spam): http://protectorworld.com/images/popup-ui.jpg

The text alignment may or may not be off for you depending on which of all these fancy modded clients you're using.

Updated the res file: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/builtin-res.jar
as before just copy and replace if you want to use it.
Undefined

Re: Minimal UI res file

Postby Undefined » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Updated OP with download and information. This will be an ongoing project for a little while.
Undefined

Postby RomanRichter » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:05 am

Its possible to change buttons images?
Thanks for the game guys! Fish lovers.
Verified Account. Bronse Subscription.
RomanRichter

Postby beatnick » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:50 am

Good job!
Anyway, personally I'd like to have something more or less like old Haven graphics - its simplicity seems much better to me, than this new absolutely gaudy look (i'm talking about default res). It allowed for fantasy, and didn't distract you from what really matters.
beatnick

Postby Undefined » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:27 pm

From now on I'll be using Ender's client as a base to fork from and build my client so my minimal UI will likely start becoming intertwined with that over time.

That said here's a zip to make using the minimal UI easier: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/minimal-ui.zip
Simply extract into your client base dir and run either of the .bat files to play with either minimal UI or default UI.

I've also put up a much smaller implementation for Ender's client (Or any other client that has a res folder for overriding) which you can download here: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/res.zip
Just copy the res folder to your main client directory and you're done. Using this method means that things won't get over written and if changes are made to the builtin-res file later it's still compatible.

Eventually I'll probably have something a little more integrated but I haven't really done much more with it since the last post (Just re-added a center flair to resize the chat box, whoops) and I'm busy playing when I have free time. :)
Undefined

Postby EnderWiggin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Nice UI! But I think window background shoud be a bit less transparent. And close button should have height of title bar. If you'll allow it, I may take some parts of this graphic pack as default for my client.
EnderWiggin

Postby Undefined » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Sure thing, feel free!
I was planning on trying to neaten up the popups a bit next, I agree they still look rather cobbled together due to the way they're built, I agree about the background, I also think the top bar could do with being as tall as the drag bar tab area and then lining up the close button to sit nicely in it. After that I want to work on the buttons a little more, while I made new ones, I threw them together hurridly and used the base layout I think they could look a lot better.
Undefined

Postby Undefined » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:37 pm

I've decided to move away from minimal and go for clean so that things look a bit fancier:

For now only available as a res folder, so only works with a client that has a custom Res folder (like Ender's): http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/res.zip

Only the top left section of the top bar is selectable without a minor code edit, I'm not planning to do a custom client other than for my own use but for any custom client that wants to use it, I did a quick hacky edit to line 255 in Window.java, it could probably be a bit more elegant but I didn't want to decode the variable naming conventions.
Code: Select all
// Und - Add new Coord intersection to allow selecting the entire window top bar (From top left to top right, trimmed to avoid selecting shadows)
if(c.isect(ctl, csz) || (c.isect(cptl, cpsz) && (cm.back.getRaster().getSample(cpc.x % cm.back.getWidth(), cpc.y, 3) >= 128)) || c.isect(new Coord(20,15), new Coord((wsz.x-20), 25))) {

Next up will probably be cleaning the inner frames etc.
Undefined

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower