Paradox Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Paradox Client

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:29 am

Temp Down
I have decided that due to low public interest I will stop publishing updates to the URl and will stop updating Git with these update. I will leave on the note that the client will return when it has reached a point I consider stable worthy. This is unlikely to occur until the end of this if not the middle of next month Thank you for anyone who gave me minor feedback, the list is small. I appreciate it. Until later. The current features and download will remain, the to do list has been redacted.

Download
Latest Release: http://www.lucidcodes.com/Haven/Release/Release.zip

Linux and Macosx Users, to run the files use the following:
Code: Select all
java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar hafen.jar -U http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com

Features
A list of currently added features
  • Ability to switch between Default font and Sans(for readability)
  • Ability to Hide Flavor Object rendering and creation to increase performance
  • Ability to save maps to disk
  • Ability to have Minimap In a resizeable Window
  • Ability to Hide Flavor Object rendering and creation to increase performance
  • Night Vision (ctrl + N) (persists through multiple sessions)

Known problems
A list of problems that are known and are at the top of my to do list
  • Re-sizing Minimap draws non-map tiles as well, this means to see all tiles requires a really really large window. (note that a larger map is still possible without getting crazy window sizes, its just the full map view thats buggerd)Fix in progress
  • Custom settings window does not come forward by default Fixed for next release

Source
Being new I wouldn't doubt some of you might want to checkout the source, and even self compile the source, so I started a github just for that purpose
https://github.com/LucidCodes/hafen-client

Screen Shots
Last edited by Paradoxs on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
Paradoxs

Re: Custom Client: Paradox

Postby GladiatoR » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:44 am

If you do maps things first than it would be better :) And if it will be automatically stitching :roll:
GladiatoR

Postby satinembers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:14 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out in a bit.
satinembers

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:21 am

GladiatoR wrote:If you do maps things first than it would be better :) And if it will be automatically stitching :roll:

Maps isn't Something I am going to tackle right away, not to say it wont be soon, just not as soon. I want to focus on first, figuring out how more of the code connects, I haven't spent a lot of time studying it to know where and how to do things in the most logical manner. Im re-writing my font manager to be better, when its done I'll remove flavor objects (well actually I already did, I'll just release the updates together) I want to focus on certain features over other first to make sure that the important ones are not overshadowed by luxuries
Paradoxs

Postby Silushun » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Creating a map for your friends is quite important though. If you're lost.

I'll consider using this client in the near future, but tbf the font is decent enough for me :)

Good job on the new client though.
Silushun

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Silushun wrote:Creating a map for your friends is quite important though. If you're lost.

I'll consider using this client in the near future, but tbf the font is decent enough for me :)

Good job on the new client though.

Thanks!
Oh I understand completely but the map itself is going to be something that takes me several steps to get done on the level I want it to, which is why its a secondary objective. First and fore-most I want to get the game working the way I want it to, the rotation of the map and what not, after that and other usability based goals will I full head on attack the map with everything I got, so its not that Im ignoring it, it's just the fact that I want a working client before I invest a lot of time into a goal such as that. ;)

Another Update is rolling in though! Flavor objects are now removable, I'll work on camera rotation next :)
Paradoxs

Postby Usernm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Why you not fork Loftar's github: https://github.com/dolda2000/hafen-client? It's easy to track changes if you do this, and more difficult without it.
Sorry for my english, I am from Russia and use soviet one. :)
Usernm

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Usernm wrote:Why you not fork Loftar's github: https://github.com/dolda2000/hafen-client? It's easy to track changes if you do this, and more difficult without it.

Already working on it actually, I hadnt done it originally out of laziness of having already having the files, when I update it next ill be on a fork
Paradoxs

Postby Myzreal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm

How do you plan to go about rotating the minimap? It's displayed as a single BufferedImage, if you rotate it, you'll get a "diamond" shape with black areas to the side, or am I completely wrong here?
Paste me to get hacked: http://a/%%30%30
Myzreal

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Myzreal wrote:How do you plan to go about rotating the minimap? It's displayed as a single BufferedImage, if you rotate it, you'll get a "diamond" shape with black areas to the side, or am I completely wrong here?

I haven't finished looking into everything to be able to answer you completely but assuming the mini-map data stretches beyond what the mini-map can see right of the bat (which it should), then you should be able to rotate that image relative to the player and remain will constant mini map, unless you were to theoretically zoom too far out of course. Thats the presumption im working off of right now
Paradoxs

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower