Paradox Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Custom Client: Paradox

Postby Nummy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Still "cannot move bug" on macs... :(
Nummy

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Nummy wrote:Still "cannot move bug" on macs... :(

Can you give me more information?
Paradoxs

Postby Usernm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:08 pm

Myzreal wrote:How do you plan to go about rotating the minimap? It's displayed as a single BufferedImage, if you rotate it, you'll get a "diamond" shape with black areas to the side, or am I completely wrong here?

It can be rotate only with 90 degree step, then everything will be ok. But it's bad idea for mapping anyway.
Sorry for my english, I am from Russia and use soviet one. :)
Usernm

Postby Paradoxs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Usernm wrote:
Myzreal wrote:How do you plan to go about rotating the minimap? It's displayed as a single BufferedImage, if you rotate it, you'll get a "diamond" shape with black areas to the side, or am I completely wrong here?

It can be rotate only with 90 degree step, then everything will be ok. But it's bad idea for mapping anyway.

Well the map would still come out right (atleast it is the way im handling it)

You just would have to take into account cardinal north, which my rotation would allow you to see, and I was right the map loads 1 map in every direction around you (its a 3x3 map and you see the middle selection)

This makes it simple enough to save as the correct format by using a relative based cord system, but then treat the currently active 9 squares as a single surface, and rotate them all at once after dealing with the map code.

(and I plan to do away with the forced 90 degree step ;) )
Last edited by Paradoxs on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradoxs

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Usernm wrote:It can be rotate only with 90 degree step, then everything will be ok. But it's bad idea for mapping anyway.

Who forbids you to save original image, and then rotate it as needed? Plus, I'm sure there are methods of rotating image to arbitrary angle. It probably will look a bit worse than 90 degree turns, but still.
EnderWiggin

Re: Paradox Client

Postby Paradoxs » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Hey guys!

Just figured I'd give you a verbal update on the client, I'v added:

Custom Lighting
-Think night-vision but with customization, the screen can be made as light or dark as you see fit)
New Settings Window
-Larger, in preparation for some tweaks im going to be added to the Ui mechanics
Font Selection
-You can now choose what font to use, there are currently 4 fonts to choose from
New Minimap
-Minimap is now in its own Window
- I Have code done that allows you to re-size the window, I havnt tested it on the minimap window yet so it may take some time
Kin / Player Options
- You can set to always see kin names
Mapper
-Mapper saves maps per session into folder
-Mapper layers world, saves caves in folder "Cave at map x map y"
-Currently no support for homes or hearth fire teleport working on it!

I imagine the update will land in a few hours but it depends on difficulties i experience and laziness from playing the game
Paradoxs

Postby Paradoxs » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Version 1.5 is up and running
Added:
Update log
Debug bat
1 client fits all
Night vision
Mapping
Resizable Map window

Next release will contain my complete options iv been working on, my laptop kinda died this afternoon (I think my harddrive is about to die its down to 0.3mb/s) so I had to start from scratch, but I got it back on track
Paradoxs

Postby Paradoxs » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:50 am

Client has been temp shut down as far as updates, though I will continue to work on it lack of public interest has made it more worth my time to code and game than to keep pushing updates here
Paradoxs

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower