Shovel Client / 1.6.6

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Shovel Client / 1.6.6

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Hello hearthlings!
This is another custom client for this amazing game. It is called Shovel, because i hope this would be perfect tool to play this game (and also because my nickname is archaeologist :D)

Feautures:
  • Shovel Settings UI (Options -> Shovel Settings)
  • Always show kin names
  • Fonts changed to sans
  • Inventory group hotkeys
    Shift + RMB to trasfer all items with same name, Ctrl + RMB to drop all items with same name
  • Players are showed on the minimap (dot with the group color)
  • Free camera rotation
  • Removed flavor objects (configurable from Shovel Options, don't disable them if you want ambient sounds)
  • Added nightvision feature (You can toggle it via Ctrl + N)
  • Mapper
    It generates non-random minimaps, they can be easily merged. They stored in the "maps" folder near your hafen.jar. You can use map.html to watch current/last session. Mapper can be toggled in Shovel Options
  • Added account storage
    Accounts are stored in plain-text format in <user-dir>\.haven\hafen directory (default path for haven resource cache).Image
  • Added debug mode (Ctrl + D)
    This is mostly for mode/client developers, not for usuall players :). Provides additional info about clicked object and positioning. Image
  • Added version checker. If new verision will be released, you will see notification
  • Buddy online/offline notifications (configurable from Shovel Options)
  • Show item quality on item
    Can be disabled in Shovel Settings. The highest value is shows, colored as related type
  • Show item progress as %
  • Study tracker - receive notification when curio study have finished
  • Minimap highlight
    Configurable from Shovel Settings. You can enable/disable highlight of specific item by clicking 'Toggle Item' or dblckick it.
    Enabled items have green names. You can also configure color for every item. There are buttons to work with whole group of objects to make everything faster :)
    Option list is stored in the highlight.json file inside the game folder. You can edit it manually if you want to add new groups/objects. Syntax is pretty simple, parameters exoplanation:
    Code: Select all
    {
            "name": "Black Coal", // This is visual option name
            "resource": "gfx/terobjs/bumlings/blackcoal", // This is resource file name
            "color": "rgba(0, 0, 255, 255)", // This is color
            "equalMatch": false, // This is match type. true means EQUAL match, false means CONTAINS match.
            "icon": "gfx/invobjs/missing" // Icon resource name
          },

You can also show icon instead of color dot, just remove "color" line and add "icon" one. But for now you can only do it manually, not from UI.
  • New minimap
    You can drag / resize minimap as you want. You can also toggle minimap grid and player field of view in shovel settings.
    There are still some things to do with this new minimap, but core functional is present.
  • Display object's HP
    You can see object's HP now. Only with 25% step (that's what i have from server). You can disable this feature in shovel settings.
  • Display dried hides & tanned leather
    Same as object's HP. Automatically highlight frames with dried hides and tubes with leather. You can disable this feature in shovel settings.
  • Simple crops optimisation (FPS boost)
    Crops become simple and less laggy. You can disable this feature in shovel settings.
  • Display crops & trees stages
    For trees it shows % (from 1 to 100%). For crops it is stages.
  • Group hotkeys can be disabled. This was highly requested by farmers. You can disable SHIFT + RMB hotkeys in shovel settings.
  • Added 'Look Suspiciously' fun feature
    Requested by my friends. Use in case of bad joke :D
    Use from kinlist. You can disable this feature in shovel settings.

Download: You can download latest release from github
I will also make updater later, but now i'm more focused on playing game :)

Contributors: Team work is always better! Watch all colaborators

Btw: Art done by Freya <3

You can merge map sessions with my map tool: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40872

FAQ
My Java VM crashes with EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW. Wtf?
According to documentation, the program exceeded stack limit. I'm trying to define why it is happens, but as a temporary solution you can try to add -Xss int your run.bat. It will increase thread stack size. Your run.bat should looks like:
Code: Select all
java -Xss1024k -jar hafen.jar -U http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com

Feel free to post feedback. Also i would like so see feature-requests :)
Last edited by APXEOLOG on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:12 am, edited 12 times in total.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Re: Shovel client

Postby shubla » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Shovelous quality straight from Russia.
Feature to make the map thingy resizeable/bigger.
ps. Your client doesnt work
Last edited by shubla on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Vill3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Console just pop up and then nothing happens. It close so fast cant take screenshot. :/
Vill3

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:24 pm

Vill3 wrote:Console just pop up and then nothing happens. It close so fast cant take screenshot. :/

Try to add "pause" on the new line in run.bat
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Vill3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:25 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
Vill3 wrote:Console just pop up and then nothing happens. It close so fast cant take screenshot. :/

Vill3

Postby shubla » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Vill3 wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:

Same erorr!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby naosnule » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:28 pm

The bat doesn't seem to work for me.

It is supposed to say "java -jar hafen.jar -U http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com"?
naosnule

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:29 pm

I haven't packed libs, sorry. Release pack updated, download one more time please
APXEOLOG

Postby naosnule » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:34 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I haven't packed libs, sorry. Release pack updated, download one more time please

Thx works now :).
naosnule

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:37 pm

You can have my shekels. Not all of the shekels, but some of the shekels. :D

Liking the client.
"No shekels for you! You must earn these shekels!" - /pol/
An_Infinity_of_War

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower