Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:13 am

Code: Select all
haven.DeadlockWatchdog$DeadlockException: Deadlock detected
   at haven.DeadlockWatchdog.report(DeadlockWatchdog.java:80)
   at haven.DeadlockWatchdog.run(DeadlockWatchdog.java:94)

Not having a clue what might have triggered it. Was just walking around doing some foraging.
(Had to manually kill Java/client, probably part of it being a deadlock case)
(Beta client btw)
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:36 am

mvgulik wrote:

Not having a clue what might have triggered it. Was just walking around doing some foraging.
(Beta client btw)

Do you have gob paths on?
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:14 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Do you have gob paths on?

Yes, it was on. (all path's on)
mvgulik

Postby AlexNT » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:50 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
AlexNT wrote:I'm having an issue during combat, where keeping a move button pressed for a second or more tanks fps to 1-2, and causes the client to freeze for a few seconds, and sometimes eventually crash.

I'm used to keeping buttons pressed until the respective action is activated, which cost me a couple 30+ concussions by now.

Is this client behavior known/common/configurable?

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue, but found potential problem. Try latest beta-client and report if issue persists.

Thanks for looking into this!

Weird thing. The first time I used Quick Dodge, it happened the same way as usual (see below). Then it never happened again. I'll keep testing.

Steps to reproduce (prior to the fix worked with 100% rate):
1. In a boat aggro a fox (happens without a boat and on land as well, but creates a significant risk of being knocked out, so unsuitable for testing :) )
2. Lead the fox to edge of shallow water
3. Row by the fox and get hit to get the green opening, then go back to deep water
4. Press and hold the button for Quick Dodge (game stutters increasingly for 1-2 seconds, then freezes until button is released, FPS display on g-sync monitor shows 10-12).

EDIT: I retested with both beta and regular and couldn't reproduce it either -- with any notable degree of reliability, anyway. I got one more instance in beta, which quickly cleared up (no freeze, just a short stutter that went away in a second). I do get FPS dips in combat, from stable 144 to some 100s, but nothing that affects the gameplay.
AlexNT

Postby AlexNT » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:50 pm

AlexNT wrote:I wasn't able to reproduce this issue, but found potential problem. Try latest beta-client and report if issue persists.

UPDATE2: Ok, I spent more time testing it. It's definitely still there, both in beta and release. I wasn't able to get it to straight lock-up like before, but I was able to drive FPS into low 20s (I'm on 3600x + rtx 3070, I get solid 144 out of combat in the testing area).

It is *not* happening in Vanilla (see below).

Here's what I've been able to observe:
When I initiate combat, then press and hold a button for a Restoration move (I use the 3 starter ones: Jump, Sidestep, Quick Dodge), when there is no respective opening, the icon quickly highlights (the yellow triangle arrows pointing outward from the sides of the move icon) then immediately disappears. When this happens, fps momentarily drops from 144 into 90-100s. This happens in *both* Vanilla and Ender. However, in Vanilla it only happens every 1 second or so (and so FPS blinks and then quickly recovers), whereas in Ender it sometimes can start blinking rapidly, and that's where FPS plummets into 10-30 range.

Likewise, trying to execute Cleave with insufficient IPs, it produces a chime in both Vanilla and Ender. Pressing and holding the button gives a much more rapid series of chimes in Ender -- and tanks FPS.
AlexNT

Postby CrashM3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

mvgulik wrote:

(Beta client btw)

I had exactly the same thing, 2 times today. And a couple times earlier. For me this happens "just" and nearly all the time when im on a horse traveling around.
JavaApp is using allways 1.4-1.6 GB Ram and have to kill the exe.

Client version: v12.04.2021 07:51
venatorvenator wrote:I just found it funny that while almost everyone says they dislike village rules a German comes wanting more of it. Living up to the stereotype:)
CrashM3

Postby Ciego » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Let me join the chorus and say how much I appreciate the almost daily updates in W13, and the Ender Client is a joy to use, with 99% of the functionality I need/use, from any other client I have tried.

I am left with the question, "Why isn't THIS the 'default' client for HnH?"

BTW, really enjoying the colored drying racks, and the gentle "animal alarm".
Ciego

Postby displaced » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Yep i got deadlocks too.
Caught handled SourcedInterruptedException: null on thread Haven main thread-SharedResourceRunner
    [0]: com.jogamp.common.util.SourcedInterruptedException.wrap(SourcedInterruptedException.java:82)
    [1]: com.jogamp.common.util.SourcedInterruptedException.wrap(SourcedInterruptedException.java:63)
    [2]: jogamp.opengl.SharedResourceRunner.run(SharedResourceRunner.java:338)
    [3]: java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Caused[0] by InterruptedException: null on thread Haven main thread-SharedResourceRunner
    [0]: java.base/java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    [1]: java.base/java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:321)
    [2]: jogamp.opengl.SharedResourceRunner.run(SharedResourceRunner.java:334)
    [3]: java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
InterruptSource[0] by Throwable: Haven main thread-SharedResourceRunner.interrupt() #1 on thread Haven main thread-SharedResourceRunner
    [0]: com.jogamp.common.util.InterruptSource$Thread.interrupt(InterruptSource.java:152)
    [1]: java.base/java.lang.ThreadGroup.interrupt(ThreadGroup.java:635)
    [2]: haven.MainFrame$6.errorsent(MainFrame.java:478)
    [3]: haven.error.ErrorGui.done(ErrorGui.java:190)
    [4]: haven.error.ErrorHandler$Reporter.doreport(ErrorHandler.java:98)
    [5]: haven.error.ErrorHandler$Reporter.run(ErrorHandler.java:85)

Also foraging and suddenly, error.
displaced

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Noticed that when you activate a Craft from one of the toolbars (all 3), and the crafting window is already open, the crafting-window tab-bar it not updated to reflect the change.

1) Initial setup using main game-menu.
2) Clicked item craft in default toolbar.

(not a show stopper, if not intentional)
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Beta client updated:
  • added option (Options->General->Enable path queueing) to queue movement by ALT+LClick on ground.
  • added option to visualize queued path (Options->Display->Draw gob paths->Queued)
  • fixed another deadlock in gob path visualizer
Queueing should work when on foot, riding animals, boats and the like and pushing wheelbarows/plows. There are some visual isues when queueing moves while being passenger.

mvgulik wrote:Noticed that when you activate a Craft from one of the toolbars (all 3), and the crafting window is already open, the crafting-window tab-bar it not updated to reflect the change.
This is definitely not intentional. I''l look into it, but it may be hard to fix.
EnderWiggin

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower