Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby mvgulik » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Is Github code search deactivated for EnderWiggin/hafen-client ?
I tried to search for "Astronomy", and while dolda2000/hafen-client returned some code hits, EnderWiggin/hafen-client returns no code hits.

(Solved - Kinda)

I spotted this Ender calendar data: "Day 89, 16:59, (59/90 Summer) Moon: New moon".
It seems to me the New moon phase is a bit earlier than anticipated by the client. (provided New moon also means new season/month)

(Using Auto-Updater - Stable)
Last edited by mvgulik on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby borka » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 pm

I think search is not working in forked repsitories at github

prolly it's easier to manually check by change dates in Ender src ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby mvgulik » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 pm

borka wrote:I think search is not working in forked repsitories at github

That generally seems to be the case. Well ... at least for forks with less stars than there forked-source. (based on some reading up on Github Help, of course)
(github.com/romovs/amber/search?q=Astronomy)

borka wrote:prolly it's easier to manually check by change dates in Ender src ;)

Naa, not really. To much work for a inherent uncertain result.
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:09 pm

mvgulik wrote:I spotted this Ender calendar data: "Day 89, 16:59, (59/90 Summer) Moon: New moon".
It seems to me the New moon phase is a bit earlier than anticipated by the client. (provided New moon also means new season/month)

Moon phases are taken directly from server data that is used to display moon picture on calendar. And it is in no way related to seasons.
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:37 am

EnderWiggin wrote:Moon phases are taken directly from server data that is used to display moon picture on calendar.
I figured that, ... of course.

And it is in no way related to seasons.
You like to share some additional info/data one that part ?
Never mind, remembered that that answer also is the calendar picture ... unfortunately that part changes less often.

Sorry for having bothered you.
Last edited by mvgulik on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby jesi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:46 am

I opened up the game using ender's cleint this morning. On my game interface it no longer shows the moon with the day and time. I mean this
download/file.php?id=4806

I have also lost my hunger meter which i had displayed (checked the button in the options menu. I have tried closing and re opening the client several times. I have updated Java. I have un clicked and re clicked the item show hunger meter in the options. Nothing works. Any ideas please?

OK now everything about the interface and the keystrokes has gone wonky. It used to be if I pressed a combination like A -N-P my char would hand plow. Now pressing A does nothing. ctrl A opens the map and Alt A opens an action list.

What have I done wrong to eliminate the prior keyboard commands? More importantly, how do I get it back to the way it was? Is there somewhere a list of the keyboard commands for Ender's?
[quote="hazzor"]
it's this issue of people mistaking convenience for laziness or "casual" gameplay, . . . there is no reason why not to have sacks . . .
jesi

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:32 pm

jesi wrote:I opened up the game using ender's cleint this morning. On my game interface it no longer shows the moon with the day and time. I mean this
download/file.php?id=4806
That is because current moon phase is "New Moon" - it is turned to us with dark side and is invsible.

jesi wrote:I have also lost my hunger meter which i had displayed (checked the button in the options menu. I have tried closing and re opening the client several times. I have updated Java. I have un clicked and re clicked the item show hunger meter in the options. Nothing works. Any ideas please?
Have no idea where hunger meter may have gone. Are other ui elements in their places? Have you tried pressing spacebar several times?

jesi wrote:OK now everything about the interface and the keystrokes has gone wonky. It used to be if I pressed a combination like A -N-P my char would hand plow. Now pressing A does nothing. ctrl A opens the map and Alt A opens an action list.

What have I done wrong to eliminate the prior keyboard commands? More importantly, how do I get it back to the way it was?
Try switching to english for keybinds to work. Looks like something broke in detection and if you use non-english input language it does not detect it. I'll look into it.

jesi wrote:Is there somewhere a list of the keyboard commands for Ender's?
Look in the Options->Shortcut settings. But it has no binding for actions that are in the lower-right menu.
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 pm

What the deal with that shadow-console input ?
(The one in the corner that also opens when I press " : ")

Having to separately close that secondary/shadow-console input ("bbb"), after closing the main-console input ("aaa") ... is a kinda annoying feature.

(if I remember correct, this feature has been there for a long time ... potentially way-back since Ender-Legacy Client)

Any chance this behavior/feature might get changed in the foreseeable future ?
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:43 am

Oh. Never saw it before, not that I play much. That is really weird - may be caused by some merge conflicts? I'll look into it.
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:20 am

PS: I sometimes end up with a saved map-session that contains the same area twice. (both areas are saved with/at different (file)coordinate ... in the same map-session)
Any idea what the potential trigger for this might be ? (like some in-game action ... or something else)
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower