Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:47 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Is there any info on image restriction (mainly image size in my case) for radar images ?
I keep running in a "Index <N> out of bounds for length <N>" error that seem to be related to the image size tests I did. But its a bit unclear what actually triggers this error.
I mean, sometimes it works ok with a 32x32 (or a 32x20) image, but other times it don't.
There should not be any real restriction - they scale down to fit 20x20 rectangle. Can you post full error stack?

Sure. Here is one.
(Also saw one with "... bounds for length 1", but did not save(put aside) that one.)
Code: Select all
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 3 out of bounds for length 3
   at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ByteInterleavedRaster.getSamples(ByteInterleavedRaster.java:898)
   at haven.PUtils.copyband(PUtils.java:242)
   at haven.PUtils.copyband(PUtils.java:247)
   at haven.PUtils.blurmask(PUtils.java:256)
   at haven.PUtils.blurmask2(PUtils.java:260)
   at haven.GobIcon$Image.<init>(GobIcon.java:58)
   at haven.GobIcon.img(GobIcon.java:112)
   at haven.MiniMap$DisplayIcon.<init>(MiniMap.java:256)
   at haven.MiniMap.findicons(MiniMap.java:634)
   at haven.MiniMap.tick(MiniMap.java:221)
   at haven.Widget.tick(Widget.java:760)
   at haven.GameUI.tick(GameUI.java:1378)
   at haven.UI.tick(UI.java:223)
   at haven.JOGLPanel.run(JOGLPanel.java:536)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

In case it might matter (probebly not). I used stripped png's that only contain the main image chunks. (ie: IHDR + IDAT (+IEND))
---
Keep forgetting: Using Beta.
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:25 am

Looks like your optimized PNGs don't have alpha channel. As far as I can tell game expects them to have RGBA format.
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:12 am

EnderWiggin wrote:Looks like your optimized PNGs don't have alpha channel. As far as I can tell game expects them to have RGBA format.

I was using only one test-image that had no alpha channel. But that one did not seem to trigger the error directly, at least it loaded and displayed fine.
(the optimizing don't affects the png alpha channel data)

Will see if not using any images without alpha will stabilize things. (will also try to use only 2^N square images, to see if that might help)
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:02 pm

mvgulik wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:Looks like your optimized PNGs don't have alpha channel. As far as I can tell game expects them to have RGBA format.

I was using only one test-image that had no alpha channel. But that one did not seem to trigger the error directly, at least it loaded and displayed fine.
(the optimizing don't affects the png alpha channel data)

Will see if not using any images without alpha will stabilize things. (will also try to use only 2^N square images, to see if that might help)

That error has nothing to do with image size - it was crashing while trying to access color channel with index 3 (alpha) for image that had only 3 channels (RGB).
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:00 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:That error has nothing to do with image size - it was crashing while trying to access color channel with index 3 (alpha) for image that had only 3 channels (RGB).
it was crashing while trying to access color channel with index 3 (alpha) for image that had only 3 channels (RGB).

That's what I needed to hear/know.
mvgulik

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Feature request: make flags transferable between mine levels. Is something like this even possible? Would be an awesome feature to place a flag marking ore directly below of where it was prospected.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby EnderWiggin » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:Feature request: make flags transferable between mine levels. Is something like this even possible? Would be an awesome feature to place a flag marking ore directly below of where it was prospected.

Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to do so now. I can think of ways to try and match different map segments to levels and to match their relative positions, but it will be quite hard and quite prone to mistakes. It would be almost trivial if loftar ever decides to send actual layer index with map tiles.
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:58 am

Is there some way to get rid of those empty (test case leftovers) records.
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:47 pm

mvgulik wrote:Is there some way to get rid of those empty (test case leftovers) records.

huh... not easily. You can try to find file where those settings are stored inside resource cache and remove it - client will receive all default radar icon that your account seen and will add all current custom ones. But you'll need to set visibility for each again.
EnderWiggin

Postby Juukin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:10 pm

Add Minimap tracking of specific trees please, as it was in Amber.

Like you could select a specific tree, and it would give it an icon on the minimap.

I've seen it for rocks and tiles, but not for trees.
popfor wrote:jessy bby u r so bootiful u r a little princess from hevin and all thiese grodi men just want to use ur running skills in reel camberts. bby. its ok. I love you.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:why would juukin lie

Ozzy123 wrote: We are better at this game than you, we won, end of story.
Juukin

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower