Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby telum12 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:42 pm

This is what seems like is happening:
1. You're full-on removing the slots when hiding the object
2. AnimFlare.java runs:
Code: Select all
for(RenderTree.Slot slot : slots)
    slot.ostate(st);
}

3. The following line gets triggered becacuse pidx<0 from the removal
if((parent != null) && (pidx < 0))
    throw(new SlotRemoved(this));

This is not an issue on clients that don't remove the slots on hiding. You may need to figure out where the animation object is and why the slot removal doesn't propagate so it doesn't attempt to update its state during ticks, or change your approach to hiding objects.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby mvgulik » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:05 pm

Crop stage-number colors.

Currently, crops that have 6/6 stages (grapes,hops,pepper), also color (very) green at stage 5/6.
These 3 are all trellis crops ... which, in the case of 4 trellises per tile, can make it a bit awkward at times to spot actually 6/6 cases among the 5/6 stages.

Think it would be nice if, somehow, for those crops green would be limited for that last 6/6 stage only. ... ie: letting stage 5/6 color yellow/yellow-green.
Think it would be nice if stage 5/6 was a little less green.
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:16 pm

mvgulik wrote:Crop stage-number colors.

Currently, crops that have 6/6 stages (grapes,hops,pepper), also color (very) green at stage 5/6.
These 3 are all trellis crops ... which, in the case of 4 trellises per tile, can make it a bit awkward at times to spot actually 6/6 cases among the 5/6 stages.

Think it would be nice if, somehow, for those crops green would be limited for that last 6/6 stage only. ... ie: letting stage 5/6 color yellow/yellow-green.

Maybe use completely different color (purple? cyan?) for fully grown crops?

telum12 wrote:This is what seems like is happening:
1. You're full-on removing the slots when hiding the object
2. AnimFlare.java runs:
for(RenderTree.Slot slot : slots)
    slot.ostate(st);
}

3. The following line gets triggered becacuse pidx<0 from the removal
if((parent != null) && (pidx < 0))
    throw(new SlotRemoved(this));

This is not an issue on clients that don't remove the slots on hiding. You may need to figure out where the animation object is and why the slot removal doesn't propagate so it doesn't attempt to update its state during ticks, or change your approach to hiding objects.
Thanks, I'll look into that
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:16 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Crop stage-number colors.

Maybe use completely different color (purple? cyan?) for fully grown crops?

Mmm. Personally I'm not sure about using an additional new color for fully grown crops. Kinda like green for those, and think green is a nice readability color. ... But other than that, it would do the trick.
Cyan or Purple (or other color): ... gave it some thought, but could not make up my mind on that. Your call.
mvgulik

Postby Agrik » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:43 am

EnderWiggin wrote:Maybe use completely different color (purple? cyan?) for fully grown crops?
Green looks right for fully grown crops. Maybe just other colors should be less green (more red?), i.e. have a wider color gap before last stage.
Agrik

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:54 pm

... or alternatively change the green in the gradient and apply the old green only to fully grown crops.
mvgulik

Postby Zaid » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:41 pm

I tried to compile it using ANT, but it keeps failing and sending me this error:

C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master>ant
Buildfile: C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\build.xml

build-env:

res-jar:
[get] Getting: http://www.havenandhearth.com/java/builtin-res.jar
[get] To: C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\lib\ext\builtin-res.jar
[get] Error getting http://www.havenandhearth.com/java/builtin-res.jar to C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\lib\ext\builtin-res.jar

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\build.xml:154: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\lib\ext\builtin-res.jar
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:85)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:236)
at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:484)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:228)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get$GetThread.downloadFile(Get.java:856)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get$GetThread.get(Get.java:694)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get$GetThread.run(Get.java:678)

Total time: 0 seconds
Zaid

Postby telum12 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:39 pm

Zaid wrote:I tried to compile it using ANT, but it keeps failing and sending me this error:

C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master>ant
Buildfile: C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\build.xml

build-env:

res-jar:
[get] Getting: http://www.havenandhearth.com/java/builtin-res.jar
[get] To: C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\lib\ext\builtin-res.jar
[get] Error getting http://www.havenandhearth.com/java/builtin-res.jar to C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\lib\ext\builtin-res.jar

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\build.xml:154: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\lucas\Downloads\hafen-client-master\lib\ext\builtin-res.jar
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:85)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:236)
at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:484)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:228)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get$GetThread.downloadFile(Get.java:856)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get$GetThread.get(Get.java:694)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get$GetThread.run(Get.java:678)

Total time: 0 seconds

Loftar made some changes to the ant file. I have a PR that might work for you (under account surculus12), or you can change fix the build.xml yourself.

That or it's a server issue if the file isn't actually downloading...
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Zaid » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:50 pm

telum12 wrote:Loftar made some changes to the ant file. I have a PR that might work for you (under account surculus12), or you can change fix the build.xml yourself.

That or it's a server issue if the file isn't actually downloading...

How can I fix the build.xml myself? I'd rather have a compiled version, but I think the .exe file is bound to an account, right?
Zaid

Postby AlexNT » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:14 pm

I'm trying to run the built hafen.jar from \bin, and it fails without client-res.jar.

Now the build process builds "build/client-res.jar" in \build, but I'm unsure how it is supposed to end up in \bin. And without it the "run" target fails to properly start the client.

I mean, I can change the build to copy the file, but just wanted to check if I'm missing anything?
AlexNT

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower