Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby DreadKatak » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:09 am

JesusTheAstronaut wrote:My game is getting continuously slower over time. I play modern AAA games just fine and have a nice computer and run the game on an SSD but for whatever reason my game has recently started to become rather choppy and even transitions between rooms in buildings are taking several seconds where they were near instantaneous before. I know this probably isn't specifically an Ender client problem, but does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Is there a cache or something I can clear out without losing all of my configuration data (hotkey binds, options settings, toolbars, etc)

Should be here:
%appdata%\Haven and Hearth\data

There are also map files in there though, so you may want to get a better opinion about what can be purged out.
DreadKatak

Postby iamahh » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:51 am

most likely it's just the growing number of buildings, animals, trees, plants, smoke sources, effects, on the claim... I'd just disable some video options as usual, some people hide trees and other animations
iamahh

Postby mvgulik » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am

JesusTheAstronaut wrote:I know this probably isn't specifically an Ender client problem

Better check than if the default client is also giving you this issue (before doing anything else).
mvgulik

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:34 am

renaming my hnh temp folder seems to have made a significant difference, but as Dread mentioned, I lost my maps. Does anyone know which files I can copy from my previous folder to the new one to get just the map files?
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby mvgulik » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:15 pm

JesusTheAstronaut wrote:renaming my hnh temp folder seems to have made a significant difference, but as Dread mentioned, I lost my maps. Does anyone know which files I can copy from my previous folder to the new one to get just the map files?

You mean you did not use the 'save map' feature that's available inside the client to backup, and later restore, your current maps ... O dear. :|

Try: Restoring your whole cache backup, open client, login, check maps, make map backup (switch to extended map window for that), close client, clear/rename active cache folder again, open client, login, restore map backup.
mvgulik

Postby MadNomad » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:09 pm

I would suggest implementing some kind of inventory lock that we can toggle on/off so we do not end up accidentaly dropping pants with 10 gildings into water

switching tools with key-bar could be allowed regardless, however

also selecting area for clay digging
MadNomad

Postby mvgulik » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:53 pm

I would suggest making only suggestions that are not already implemented.
mvgulik

Postby MadNomad » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:47 pm

mvgulik wrote:I would suggest making only suggestions that are not already implemented.

me too!
MadNomad

Postby mvgulik » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm

MadNomad wrote:
mvgulik wrote:I would suggest making only suggestions that are not already implemented.

me too!

Awww. Ain't that cute. A true lazy, clueless, and devoid of any imagination, brain response.
mvgulik

Postby MadNomad » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:01 pm

mister Mvgulik, how about you enlighten me on this? that would be better than this other response

cheers
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower