Mapper 1.9 - UI tool for working with map fragments

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Mapper 1.9 - UI tool for working with map fragments

Postby Grafbredbery » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:25 am

Features
  • Indirect working with the map fragments
  • Merging fragments from different sessions into one global map
  • The storage format in the style of mapping services from Google, Yandex and other
  • Uploading new tiles from the active session
  • Global map contains one layer of the surface and 4 layers of the caves for each underground level
  • Markers
  • Automatic positioning of the layer relative to the other layers
  • Archiving - export layers in a classical format
  • The action cancellation
  • Stitching fragments in one image file (with limitations)

Links
App https://svn.riouxsvn.com/download/bin/Mapper-1.9.jar
Mirror #1 http://www.megafileupload.com/id0z/Mapper-1.9.jar
Mirror #2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/26upf38a9x3i7uz/Mapper-1.9.jar
Sources https://svn.riouxsvn.com/mapper
Usefully https://svn.riouxsvn.com/download

Run
To launch application you should have Java 8. Latest version is available here http://java.com/
Double click on the Mapper-1.9.jar.
- or -
Make .bat file with this script
Code: Select all
java -jar Mapper-1.9.jar

Description
The application uses an alternative method of working with fragments of a world map HnH. Stitching fragments in one file is justified when the number of fragments is less than 500-1000. To work with a large number of fragments in the application have been implemented principles of the tiles handling like in the Google Maps, Bing Maps. Thus the size of the tiles at each level is equal to 100 pixels, which greatly simplifies the drawing in the viewport.

Merging
This is fundamental functionality. In the app you work with "Layers" - a bunch of tiles from a specific sessional folders that are created by custom clients during the plauing game. When you create a new layer the app copies the original tiles from the sessional folder in its own directory and generates tiles for other zoom levels. Layers can be updated from session folder, to do it just use Refresh button on the toolbar, in the context menu or the hotkey Ctrl+R the app will copy only new tiles from session folder.
Session layers can be merged with the global layers (one for ground and 4 for the caves). During merging the app copys tiles without overwriting, but you can enable overwriting in the app settings. After merging the session layer will be removed from application.
4 layers of caves drawn with partial opacity (transparency level is customizable). You can also adjust the transparency of any session layer. Total available three options:
  • layer is fully visible
  • layer partially visible
  • layer is not visible
Changing the level of transparency is performed via the context menu or hotkey Ctrl + H.
The directory structure

Automatic positioning
When you add a new layer the app performs searching for matches among the added layer of tiles and tiles of all the other layers that are added to the application earlier. If matches are found then the app automatically moves the layer to the found point. Automatic positioning may be disabled, just untick box "Auto matching on adding layers".
After adding a layer You can repeat the search matches, runs through the "Find matches" on the toolbar, the context menu or hotkey Ctrl + M.

Exporting
Each layer in the app can be exported to the archive. During export, the app copies the tiles from the first zoom level to the archive, and the tiles will be renamed in the classic frmat - tile_0_0.png

Markers
To add marker click appropriate button on the toolbar or use hotkey Ctrl+P. The app added generic marker with type - none. You may change properties of the marker or remove it by clicking on marker icon.
Currently available next types:
  • None
  • Soil
  • Water
  • Clay
  • Cave
  • Village
  • Claim
You can add your own marker types. To do it just open Mapper settings and use new functionality. All images for the marker type icon will be fitted to 32x32 px.
Markers can be locked. Appropriate option is available in main screen. On the right side you can view list of all markers, at the same place are available searching by markers. You can search by all fields in the markers settings.

Stitching
By many requests, i returned stitching fragments in one file :)
But currently, this functionality have limitations. The multiplication of the width and height should be less than 2147483647.

Tracker of the changes in the custom client folder

In version 1.9 has been added experimental feature. Periodically the mapper checks a specific folder (specified in the settings) for the new session fragments and changes in the existing ones. So during the game there is no need to add new layers each time - mapper will do it myself. Besides mappers can automatically remove small layers. App checks the file "currentsession.js", that would not remove your current session.
Please keep in mind that the functionality has not been fully tested, so do backups before enabling this feature.

Control
  • drag Left Mouse Button - move selected layers
  • drag Middle Mouse Button - navigation in the viewport
  • Mouse wheel - zoom
  • Ctrl+Left Mouse Button - add layer to selection
  • Delete - removing layer
  • Ctrl+R - uploading new tiles of the specified layer from the session folder
  • Ctrl+H - switching layer visibility
  • Ctrl+Z - cancellation of the last action
  • Ctrl+Y - repeat last cancelled action
  • Ctrl+M - find matches of the selected layer with the other layers
  • Ctrl+P and then click in the viewport - add new marker
  • double-click in Layer list to focus viewport
  • double-click in Marker list to focus viewport

Toolbar and context menu
Add - creating the new session layer based on the session folder
Add all - creating the new layers based on the all session folder from the specified directory (map/maps) of your cusotm client
Remove - removing layer
Remove with session - removing layer with the original session folder
Refresh - uploading new tiles of the specified layer from the session folder
Undo - cancellation of the last action
Redo - repeat last cancelled action
Move to background - move layer to the background
Move to front - move layer to the front
Merge with - merge layer with the one of the global map
Stitch layers - stitch specified layers in one image file
Goto point - go to a specific point in the view
Move layer to point - move layer to the specific point
Find matches - find matches of the selected layer with the other layers
Dump layer - exporting layer to the archive
Add marker - click in the viewport will add new marker
Open settings - app settings
Visibility menu - switching layer visibility

Other
1. Since version 1.6.1 the app sends mail with exceptions, which may occures during using app.

2. Important changes. Now app optimized to 100px-tiles. In the past versions the app treats all tiles as a 99px-tiles. So, after you launch new version the app will check tile size of your layers (sessions and globals). If app will find tiles on Z2-Z16 zoom levels with 99px then they will be updated to 100px-tiles.

Side effect. The first versions of the Amber's client made 99px-tiles, so if you have such tiles then after updating the Mapper app you may get something like this:
It may bad news, but these changes were necessary for implementing markers.

So, i recommend to make backup of your project folder before you launch version 1.7.

N. If you find any bugs, problems, or grammatical errors in the texts of the interface - write me, I will fix it.
Wishes to develop new features are also welcome :)

Screens
Last edited by Grafbredbery on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Grafbredbery

Re: Mapper - tool for working with map fragments

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:39 am

Can you please make so you browse to map folder and it search for all sessions folders. Because there as for me I have lots of sessions folders and adding each one is pain...
GladiatoR

Re: Mapper - tool for working with map fragments

Postby Grafbredbery » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:48 am

GladiatoR wrote:Can you please make so you browse to map folder and it search for all sessions folders. Because there as for me I have lots of sessions folders and adding each one is pain...

Yes, no problem. Will be included in next version.
Grafbredbery

Re: Mapper 1.2 - tool for working with map fragments

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Also can you remove black tiles and tiles from caves from stitching?

Like here:
GladiatoR

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 pm

And also when Im scrolling left & right grid scrolling the same.
GladiatoR

Postby Grafbredbery » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:44 pm

GladiatoR wrote:Also can you remove black tiles and tiles from caves from stitching?

Like here:
... big img ...

This is feature of gathering tiles in the custom client.
When changing your location (go in the house or cave), the tiles persist with other coordinates, different from the previous place - server applies another modificator to coordinates.
Due to this you can get tiles mixed from different places.
In automatic way it's hard to recognize - which tiles should be excluded from stitching, but you can delete them from folders manually, and then perform reloading.
Grafbredbery

Postby Vill3 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:08 pm

It doesnt draw map to me.. I can add files but right box is empty.

edit1. Hmm. My tiles are like "tile_200_850" so it doesnt draw them.. And I cant even find them but when I try with "tile_33_31" it draw it..

edit2. But when I create png file it create it correct.
Last edited by Vill3 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vill3

Postby Grafbredbery » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Vill3 wrote:It doesnt draw map to me.. I can add files but right box is empty.

Try max zoom out. Perhaps, tiles have coordinates with big values, and they has been placed to far from center point in the viewport.

I was planning to add a feature that will allow users to jump to specific layers.
Grafbredbery

Postby Vill3 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Grafbredbery wrote:

Try max zoom out. Perhaps, tiles have coordinates with big values, and they has been placed to far from center point in the viewport.

I was planning to add a feature that will allow users to jump to specific layers.

Ye I find them but it was hard :D Just luck

ps. What key is LKM or LRM?
Vill3

Postby Grafbredbery » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Vill3 wrote:
Grafbredbery wrote:

Ye I find them but it was hard :D Just luck

ps. What key is LKM or LRM?

Sorry, my mistake.
I mean Left Mouse Button.
Grafbredbery

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower