Hafen map tool / 1.2

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Hafen map tool / 1.2

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Hello hearthlings!
This is my command line tool to merge map sessions

Features:
  • Cross-merge all map sessions
  • Generate zoom levels for google maps viewer
  • Both session-viewer and map-viewer are availiable

You find detailed readme on github, please read it, you will find usage examples and argument description there

Please, make map folder backup before merging so you can restore if something goes wrong

Note: I realised that lot's of people think this is a tool for 'i want to see my cave and two lakes around in one click'. That's not my case (buy you still can do it if you'll configure it properly). This tool is for automatically merging BIG amount of data (typically i merge 800Mb of session from like 40+ people for example) and creating production output for hosted map (like algeralith or sabinati maps in haven)

You need WRITE privileges in work folder for proper executuion
Sadly i have only Win64 build - https://github.com/APXEOLOG/hafen-map-tool/releases, but you can build it for other programs yourself with Go :D
Last edited by APXEOLOG on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Re: Hafen map tool

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Tried and after got msg that Sessions not mergeable and it deletes all this folders...
GladiatoR

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 pm

GladiatoR wrote:Tried and after got msg that Sessions not mergeable and it deletes all this folders...

Oh i see where is error. Thx, fixed - https://github.com/APXEOLOG/hafen-map-t ... s/tag/v1.1
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:10 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
GladiatoR wrote:Tried and after got msg that Sessions not mergeable and it deletes all this folders...

Oh i see where is error. Thx, fixed - https://github.com/APXEOLOG/hafen-map-t ... s/tag/v1.1

Thx for fix. But now all my history got deleted :((
GladiatoR

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:12 pm

GladiatoR

Postby Redempter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm

The map tool works great on my end, thanks a lot!
Redempter

Postby shubla » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:01 pm

instructions unclear, didnt work
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:06 pm

When I try to use cmd line:

'map-merger' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Tried installing GO and LiteIDE platforms and running it with them, nothing happens with GO and LiteIDE can't launch the application successfully.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Redempter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Sevenless wrote:When I try to use cmd line:

'map-merger' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Tried installing GO and LiteIDE platforms and running it with them, nothing happens with GO and LiteIDE can't launch the application successfully.

Just use cmd. You have to be in the same directory as the .exe, which ideally is in the same directory as the custom client for easy access to the maps folder, then type the name of the .exe, in my case it was map-merger-x64.exe

What I did, in this order, was:

C:\...\...\Shovel> map-merger-x64.exe -d maps //This will merge all the sessions in the maps folder

C:\...\...\Shovel> map-merger-x64.exe -d maps -z "2015-09-01 11.01.56" //Change the -z argument to the session folder that is left in your maps folder. This will create the zoommap folder that will be used with the maps.html

Then just download the maps.html that you can download in the github and put it in the parent directory of the zoommap directory that was created, then run it in your favorite browser.

Note: As always, don't forget to backup your maps folder incase of bugs.
Note2: I forgot to mention that your OS needs to be 64-bit windows.
Last edited by Redempter on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redempter

Postby GladiatoR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:45 pm

You cant zoom in/our using google maps viewer?
GladiatoR

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower