TP Map Tool v4.0.27

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: TP Map Tool v3.0.9

Postby D00mHouse » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 am

Hmm, I think the problem might be with amber client. Your program is making the map but it is not joining different sessions together into one map. It is placing the maps from each session all over the place.
I have been having trouble with other mapping programs too. Since I switched to bdew's client though the maps I have made with that program merge together nicely.
D00mHouse

Postby Telakh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:26 am

Yes, it is the Amber client feature. Sessions are totally messed up and multiple sessions can be saved in a single folder. Try using showel or ender instead.
The will to do, the soul to dare.
Time Paradox gaming community.
Telakh

Postby Scoodles » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Hiya, having a bit of an issue with the map
It was working flawlessly for a day or two. I would do a bit of exploring, log out, launch the program, then use Merge: Auto
But now the maps it produces are really messed up. Some of the areas repeat, some are in incorrect positions and others are missing entirely
Any idea how to undo or fix this? I really liked having a map of areas I explored
Attachments
Map.jpg
Map.jpg (254.25 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
sabinati wrote:AAAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Scoodles

Postby Telakh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello.
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this is the game client problem. It saves game sessions with a misplaced tiles or multiple sessions in a single folder. Are you using Amber client?
The program has an ability to detect such misplaced tiles since there were issues with some game clients in Salem, but there is no way to determine if session contains misplaced tiles if exatly the same tiles are missing in your map. It allows to detect problems but can't solve the issue if the entire map and session is a mess, which happens with Amber client. Not sure if it is fixed since we are not using it any longer.

If you still have your sessions available, you can attempt to merge them one by one again.
Another option - to delete misplaced tiles by selecting them and pressing DEL in the map tool.
You can also enable backups in the map tool so that they will allow you to revert merging at some point.
Telakh

Postby Scoodles » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:43 pm

I've been using ender client
I tried deleting it and restarting the map, but now it only maps the first session and ignores the rest
sabinati wrote:AAAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Scoodles

Postby szonek » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:58 pm

When i try automerge i sometimes get this error:
Code: Select all
Error 2: System.Runtime.IteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at Salem_Map_Tool.Analyser.CombineSmall(List`1&files, int32 resolution, String mergedPath, List`1&archive Change4, String path)
   at Salem_Map_Tool.Analyser.ImageMerge(String pathToMerge, String path)
   at Samel_Map_Tool.Analyser.Mapresize(String path)
   at Salem_Map_Tool.Analyser.MapAnalyse(MainForm main)
And other thing is that manual merge shows one black screen 1 white and on the left there is list without any content.

And one more thing is that my map is only merged from 1 session and there are 2 present with like 8-10 mathing tiles.

Ender client, windows 7, java 8.
szonek

Postby Djekke » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Got ErrorMessage, then paths lead to differen logical drives, but program still works

On first run, then use automerge, it's create folders and check only for first session. To add other sessions have to use automerge again.

Also it's looks like work properly, then i just play a game and sessions build up one by one, but then i try to delete map, and build it from all saved sessions it's looks all messed up. (misplaced tiles) p.s. used shovel client.

Also got errors, then try to delete black tiles that doesnt exit (i think you should handle this exeption by program, not by delete function)
Djekke

Postby Telakh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:23 pm

Manual merge option is not functional yet. Suppose it will be ready by monday.

Sessions are not mergince automatically because they lack similar tiles. Primary analysis is based on file size and if it differs, two tiles are not considered identical.
You can check manually. In such case you can copy a tile from your session to the map archive and rename it to a correct index. Other tiles will be merged automatically then.

The only reason that you get a messed up map when you merge it all from beginning is that there is(are) a broken session(s). Can you try to find it out?

Also got errors, then try to delete black tiles that doesnt exit (i think you should handle this exeption by program, not by delete function)

Thanks a lot!
Current version: 3.0.10
Changes:
1. Fixed error on removing an empty fragment.
Telakh

Re: TP Map Tool v3.0.10

Postby Usernm » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Try to map center of map or recreate zoom levels and get error:
Code: Select all
04.09.2015 21:34:50   System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Индекс находился вне границ массива.
   в Salem_Map_Tool.Analyser.ImageMerge(String pathToMerge, String path)
   в Salem_Map_Tool.Analyser.Mapresize(String path)
   в Salem_Map_Tool.MainForm.menuMergeRezoom_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Sorry for my english, I am from Russia and use soviet one. :)
Usernm

Postby Telakh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:58 pm

szonek wrote:When i try automerge i sometimes get this error:
Ender client, windows 7, java 8.

Usernm wrote:Try to map center of map or recreate zoom levels and get error:
[code]
Thanks guys. Will look in to it. Will post a newer version tomorrow.

szonek wrote:And one more thing is that my map is only merged from 1 session and there are 2 present with like 8-10 mathing tiles.
Please check the size of matching tiles. They must be different.
Telakh

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower