TP Map Tool v4.0.27

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: TP Map Tool v3.1.10

Postby Drevar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 pm

Possibly something to add eventually, but an alignment tool for cave levels would be pretty nice. Could use the current manual merge almost in its entirety. Would just alt-click the main map tile with the cave entrance in the left pane, alt-click the cave tile with entrance in right pane and click an Align button.
Drevar

Postby Turtlesir » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:57 pm

got a problem. if i do rightclick on taskbar, close window, then the program won't start up again. it sits there in the taskbar but nothing will come up. this has been happening since version 1.6 if that helps. if i delete settings it will work again. is there any way you can fix this? i do it in a reflex and it's annoying to have to reset the settings every time.
Turtlesir

Postby Lpzie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:32 am

Could we get a feature that drops a completely new layer, transparent, over the map for exploring purposes? For example, when I'm looking for good soil, I like to know where I've been already. Marking each of those on your tool leads to too much clutter. If it was simply a layer i could toggle on or off, that would be better. Say I turn on a layer, and then when i click on the map the marker gets saved only to that layer.

(I would also ask for an algorithm that fits contour levels to those input values of quality to guess where the peaks of the nodes are, but that's more mathematically inclined and outside the scope of your tool, i'd assume.)
Lpzie

Postby Telakh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:55 am

Lpzie wrote:Could we get a feature that drops a completely new layer, transparent, over the map for exploring purposes? For example, when I'm looking for good soil, I like to know where I've been already. Marking each of those on your tool leads to too much clutter. If it was simply a layer i could toggle on or off, that would be better. Say I turn on a layer, and then when i click on the map the marker gets saved only to that layer.
(I would also ask for an algorithm that fits contour levels to those input values of quality to guess where the peaks of the nodes are, but that's more mathematically inclined and outside the scope of your tool, i'd assume.)

Thanks for suggestion.

Current version: 3.2.2
Changes:
1. Added Tracks. Tracks are toggled along with markers. They allow to display ingame routes or favorable passages.
Hold SHIFT and click LMB on map to put down track points. Track is saved when you release SHIFT as long as it contains at least 2 points.
RMB on point to remove it from the track.
CTRL+RMB on point to remove track.
Coloring and naming will be added soon.
Tracks are saved in tracks.xml in map archive, separate for each map layer, similar to markers.
2. Cave layes can now be manually merged. You can switch between layers to select the location.
3. Current session is no longer moved or deleted during automerge.
4. Added coordinates to manual merge window.
5. Window state (maximized) is saved now.
6. Settings file creation/reading mechanism has been changed. This will result in an "error reading settings" on first launch and will take a bit of your time to re-adjust settings again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
7. Fixed problem when catographer is not starting due to a corrupted settings file after shutting down the process.
8. Bottom panel has been changed.

The will to do, the soul to dare.
Time Paradox gaming community.
Telakh

Re: TP Map Tool v3.2.2

Postby Drevar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Selection of Grid or Markers still isn't persistent. Have to turn them on every time the mapper is started.

Did you change some internal workings? Navigating the map and zoom levels seems much smoother and snappier.
Drevar

Postby TheKrush » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Code: Select all
10/7/2015 3:23:45 PM   Merge error 16
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
   at TP_Map_Tool.Analyser.CheckForDuplicates(String archiveDir)
TheKrush

Postby mobtown » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 am

so I have a noob problem.. how do I find my map? when I loaded it, it lagged for a bit while I was dragging now I have no clue where my map is.. all I see is a black screen. is there a way to center it on your first tile?
mobtown

Postby Turtlesir » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 am

mobtown wrote:so I have a noob problem.. how do I find my map? when I loaded it, it lagged for a bit while I was dragging now I have no clue where my map is.. all I see is a black screen. is there a way to center it on your first tile?

close the program, open Settings.xml, look for:

Code: Select all
<Location>
    <X>-3124</X>
    <Y>50</Y>
    <Z>4</Z>
</Location>

change the numbers between X and Y to 0, save and restart.

Telakh wrote:7. Fixed problem when catographer is not starting due to a corrupted settings file after shutting down the process.

this didn't fully fix my problem, for some reason. it also happens when the window is minimized, then shut down in any way.

thanks for this tool btw, it's awesome.^^
Turtlesir

Postby Apillion » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Ever since 3.1.10 my cave layers are not being displayed anymore...

i have the tiles for cave level 1 in my cave1\5 folder but when i select cave 1 it is not displayed anymore only the markers are displayed.

i have a very large network of caves so please tell me how to fix this problem.
Apillion

Postby Telakh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Current version: 3.2.3
Changes:
1. Fixed bug when pressing DELETE with no tiles selected.
2. Fixed bug with launch after closing program while minimized.
3. Grid and Markes display settings are now saved.
4. Fixed Automerge. Was looping beacause of some later changes. Sorry.

Will have a look at "out of memory" exception.

Caves are working just fine for me. Could you please check again and PM me your settings if it is still a problem?

Thank you.
The will to do, the soul to dare.
Time Paradox gaming community.
Telakh

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower