TP Map Tool v4.0.27

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: TP Map Tool v3.0.6

Postby Strangelet » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Great program and very easy to use. However, auto merger misplaced tiles from a couple of sessions. Any way I can delete those tiles and assign to correct positions?
Strangelet

Postby Strangelet » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Unfortunately, auto merger keeps messing up tiles for some reason. Should I try clean start and scan for duplicate tiles to prevent this?
Strangelet

Postby Telakh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Strangelet wrote:Great program and very easy to use. However, auto merger misplaced tiles from a couple of sessions. Any way I can delete those tiles and assign to correct positions?

Most likely it is the game client's fault, as it has placed tiles from different sessions in to a single folder (like amber client). There is a chance that Map Tool may have missed them while anylysing session if such tiles are missing in the archive (5 folder) in any other place.
For example, if you have tile A(0:0) and B(0:12) in archive, while you have A(1:1) and B(0:12) in session, such sesstion would be considered broken. But if you have some tile C(x,y) that is actually misplaced in session, but it is missing in the archive, there is no way to determine that.

You can remove tiles in 1:1 zoom by Ctrl+click on them (can select many, one by one) and pressing del. Reffer to the manual.
The will to do, the soul to dare.
Time Paradox gaming community.
Telakh

Postby Liayan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Is there anyway to download the map to share with friends? Btw nice job!
Liayan

Postby Strangelet » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Telakh wrote:
Strangelet wrote:Great program and very easy to use. However, auto merger misplaced tiles from a couple of sessions. Any way I can delete those tiles and assign to correct positions?

Most likely it is the game client's fault, as it has placed tiles from different sessions in to a single folder (like amber client). There is a chance that Map Tool may have missed them while anylysing session if such tiles are missing in the archive (5 folder) in any other place.
For example, if you have tile A(0:0) and B(0:12) in archive, while you have A(1:1) and B(0:12) in session, such sesstion would be considered broken. But if you have some tile C(x,y) that is actually misplaced in session, but it is missing in the archive, there is no way to determine that.

You can remove tiles in 1:1 zoom by Ctrl+click on them (can select many, one by one) and pressing del. Reffer to the manual.

Thanks, will check out manual more thoroughly.
Strangelet

Postby NovaQ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Is there option to export map in to png file? I have huge map and I want to create one png file and send it to my frends.
NovaQ

Postby Telakh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 pm

NovaQ wrote:Is there option to export map in to png file? I have huge map and I want to create one png file and send it to my frends.
Liayan wrote:Is there anyway to download the map to share with friends? Btw nice job!

Normally, the map is just too big to be exported in the full resolution. We will see what we can do make it possible to export some map fragment as a single file.
Telakh

Postby NovaQ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 pm

True! My current map exported by Salem Map Tool is 17000x14000 px and when I want to edit it in gimp it takes 3-4 GB :D

Keep up the good work any way!
NovaQ

Postby D00mHouse » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 am

The program doesn't work. I followed the instructions for setting it up. It gives no error messages or anything. When I press the auto merge button what is supposed to happen?
D00mHouse

Re: TP Map Tool v3.0.7

Postby Telakh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:59 pm

D00mHouse wrote:The program doesn't work. I followed the instructions for setting it up. It gives no error messages or anything. When I press the auto merge button what is supposed to happen?

Could you please specify what client are you using and what are the paths you have set up in the options?
If the paths are set up correctly, you will have all matched sessions merged, and the map should be available in different zoom levels. By the end of merge process you will have a message specifying number of sessions and tiles merged. What did it say?
If you still have a black screen, please make sure you are browsing right coordinates (It is not necessary 0:0 as some clients may save map in different ). See if you have any images in the 5 folder and what are their coordinates?

PS.
Updated

Current version: 3.0.7
Changes:
1. Fixed minor bugs in map merger (error adding new session on first run if archive is empty)
2. Fixed broken session copying. If the session contains misplaced tiles and they can be recognized (present in archive), such session will be ignored during merge and will be moved to the ignored sessions folder.

Current version: 3.0.9
Changes:
1. Fixed map redraw after map path change. Map was not updating after path path change.
2. Added lables to the options window.
3. Fixed creation of Backup folder in wrong path.

Errors are revealed as some old code is being reworked.
Telakh

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower