Purus Pasta Client [W14 COMPATIBLE]

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Purus Pasta Client

Postby lordgrunt » Sun May 03, 2020 10:23 pm

Related to last update: Is it possible you could add:
1) bounding box for smokehouse
2) option to disable / improve in any way smoke coming out of it. Looks ugly and potentially FPS eating joke of an animation.
lordgrunt

Postby shubla » Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 pm

Version 3.21.0 released!

- Updated to use Pasta food api
- Minor fixes
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sagrer » Mon May 11, 2020 8:45 am

Is it possible to return Amber's alarm sound for unknown and red players? Can't find which gob's resname string i must change.
Sagrer

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 pm

have fun using this client bois
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Sentientdeth » Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 am

Ozzy123 wrote:Image

Fucked up shit
Sentientdeth

Postby Lyrroth » Thu May 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Sentientdeth wrote:

Fucked up shit

How odd. The man who do not care at all about his own client users, goes everywhere and rises the security questions. How odd the only somehow working moderator is willingly to let him be and warn others while rising legitimate points. However, we have to remember that shubla himself and few client makers, can be easly traced to their real personas and are likely to receive a serious lawsuit if found guilty of. Well it might not be that obvious, but few people are scouting shubla's code for malicious intents that qualify for a lawsuit. Those same people probably won't be the one to waste their time on such matter but will yell loudly. It somehow happened in a case where two client makers rised a question when shubla added silently some code to collect data on crash without user consent. It was confirmed it's rather a basic data but could be in matter of seconds turned into something ugly if wanted to.

The only line of defense in such case for a keylogger user would be of course that the victim downloaded and used the malicious client themselfs. While it is correct and you have to remember that you should never download and run 3rd party software you are unsure of being secure or not, it is indeed a very small line of defense and probably not even effective in case of bringing the law.

However bootlegs or private clients are different as it is harder to track real persona behind those. While I do give a fair point to shubla for rising such questions and warning people, I do not agree with the motive and the way it happens, especially how the moderator team handles those as such.

With this, I'm returning to my old autistic and quick typing self. Serious matters require serious treatment.

just remember that shubla basically doesnt care about anything you or anybody else says and have his client community deep in his ass and who says what. he claims to do it only for himself and that pretty much up sums the topic.
Lyrroth

Postby Glorthan » Thu May 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Lyrroth wrote:serious lawsuit

Um what?

With damages of a few hats? Come on dude.
Glorthan

Postby Ardennesss » Thu May 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Lyrroth wrote:How odd. The man who do not care at all about his own client users, goes everywhere and rises the security questions.

The context behind this statement for those that haven't seen it, it's pretty obvious that the purpose of this client is data collection.

Apxelog released his food-service website on 3-3-2020 to the public. On 3-6-2020 Purus merged those changes into Pasta, and a couple hours later changed the website link from apxelog's to his own hosted proxy. It was always shubla's intent to "release" his "own" food service later on, thus it was important he started using his users to collect data asap. It's not even like he's subtle about his intentions and yet people keep giving him the benefit of the doubt, lol. This all on top of the mapping system he stole from Alg, and his efforts during previous worlds to sabotage other clients to pull more people toward his.

And no, the above wasn't a joke, this screenshot was sent to me from his private village's discord server - and his post on the forums mirrored the rhetoric he spreads in private.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby shubla » Thu May 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Lyrroth wrote:
Sentientdeth wrote:

Fucked up shit

How odd. The man who do not care at all about his own client users, goes everywhere and rises the security questions. How odd the only somehow working moderator is willingly to let him be and warn others while rising legitimate points. However, we have to remember that shubla himself and few client makers, can be easly traced to their real personas and are likely to receive a serious lawsuit if found guilty of. Well it might not be that obvious, but few people are scouting shubla's code for malicious intents that qualify for a lawsuit. Those same people probably won't be the one to waste their time on such matter but will yell loudly. It somehow happened in a case where two client makers rised a question when shubla added silently some code to collect data on crash without user consent. It was confirmed it's rather a basic data but could be in matter of seconds turned into something ugly if wanted to.

The only line of defense in such case for a keylogger user would be of course that the victim downloaded and used the malicious client themselfs. While it is correct and you have to remember that you should never download and run 3rd party software you are unsure of being secure or not, it is indeed a very small line of defense and probably not even effective in case of bringing the law.

However bootlegs or private clients are different as it is harder to track real persona behind those. While I do give a fair point to shubla for rising such questions and warning people, I do not agree with the motive and the way it happens, especially how the moderator team handles those as such.

With this, I'm returning to my old autistic and quick typing self. Serious matters require serious treatment.

just remember that shubla basically doesnt care about anything you or anybody else says and have his client community deep in his ass and who says what. he claims to do it only for himself and that pretty much up sums the topic.

Something just being against the law doesn't make you to be safe from it.
In most countries, no one would give a shit anyways, even if there would be clear evidence of them doing something illegal on the internet (especially if it would be towards foreigners).
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40947 I wonder whether this is enough of a disclaimer to free devs from responsibility, probably.

Glorthan wrote:Um what?

With damages of a few hats? Come on dude.

I would be more scared about somebody reading my emails, deleting all data that I have on my computer. Breaking into other devices in my home, possibly breaking into my companys network via my internet... Stealing credit card information or my whole identity etc. Than about HnH hats.

Many people don't realize how dangerous it really is, to let some random guy in HnH forums (or somewhere else) to execute code in your system. You never know whether they are behind 100 proxies trying to do something evil or not. Even if somebody who is generally trusted, like romovs, would post something, how can you be sure that it is romovs and not just somebody who somehow acquired control of his account? We really need some kind of public key network in wizards tower to prevent bad things from happening, or then just hope that no evil technically capable people ever start playing HnH.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 15, 2020 4:19 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Lyrroth wrote:How odd. The man who do not care at all about his own client users, goes everywhere and rises the security questions.

The context behind this statement for those that haven't seen it, it's pretty obvious that the purpose of this client is data collection.

Let me let you guys in on a little secret: Microsoft, The Linux Foundation, Apple.... none of them actually care about you, the users of their products. They only care enough that you actually use them without so many complaints that you actually quit using them.

A little note for folks that don't know: shubla is on curfew for his posts in C&I that are... less than thoughtful, let's say. If folks can't quit treating others like shit, they'll find themselves on curfew, also, and you can ask shubla, I'm only on once or so a day to approve posts, and not all of them get approved. I don't care more or less about shubla than I do either of you or anyone else on this forum. Shubla might spam C&I with posts and otherwise be a pain to some users here, but he's not an asshole about it.

This isn't up for discussion. Further replies on this matter will be sent to Hel. If you want to discuss the client with shubla here, fine, just expect slow response times.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower