Map Merger 2.0.7

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Map Merger 2.0.7

Postby Prodark » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Current Version : 2.0.7
Download : https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9kg78zlgacx2wz/MapMerger%20v2.0.7.exe?dl=0
Requirements : .NET Framework 4.0

All Versions : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7x6ahejpzxew ... v93Ka?dl=0

If you run into any problems, please let me know! :)

Features
Map Display : Load and Display a set of Map-Tiles as a map with zooming.
Grid & Coordinates : Display grid and coordinates overlays.
Automatic & Manual Map Merging : Merge Map Fragments automatically or by hand.
Manual Map Merging : Manually add Map-Fragments to the Map.
PlayerTracker : Displays current Character Position on the Map. [Amber Client only]
SessionWatcher : Add new Tiles from your Sessions to the Map as you explore them!
Exporting Map : Export merged Map as Tiles.
Map Markers : Place named Icons to remember important spots.
Region Markers: Place Region Names to highlight areas.

Changelog
Version 2.0.7
Fixed Crash after Tile Export has finished. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 2.0.6
Added Caching for Merge Data. This should speed up merging big maps.
Fixed Crashes regarding SessionWatcher again.
If they still occur, please let me know.

Version 2.0.5
Fixed Crash, when SessionWatcher adds new Tiles to the map.
Added a Crash-Report Window. If the Tool happens to crash, please send me the details inside this window. This will greatly help me fixing the issue.

Finally added an Icon for the Tool. :D

Version 2.0.4
Fixed Crash when no internet is avaiable during Update Check.
Fixed Crash while using SessionWatcher. If these still occur, please let me know!

Version 2.0.3
Fixed Export Tiles to Main Export Directory.

Version 2.0.2
Sorry for being absent so long. I've been getting a new Computer and also have been pretty busy with work-related stuff.

Fixed Export of Tiles.

Version 2.0.1
Minor Performance Improvements.
Fixed a Bug when working with Layers causing them to be invisible.

Version 2.0
Added caching of Map Images. This greatly improves displaying and loading.
If you happen to get any Map Display Errors, you can clear the Cache via Tools -> Clear Image Cache

Loading Tiles is much faster now, because the Merging data is only created on demand.
Decreased memory usage alot by not caching the image data.
Added and Enabled Update Checker. You can disable via the Settings.
Disabled Image Export as i need to rework it to work with the new logics.

Version 1.9.1
Added PlayerTracker [Amber Client only]
Displays the Current Player Position on the Map.
Please see the Settings for instructions.

Added SessionWatcher
Automatically add new Tiles from your Sessions to the Map as you explore them.

PlayerTracker & SessionWatcher work together!

Version 1.9.1
Added Option to Merge Layers with other Layers.

Version 1.8
Added option to skip Directories with less than a specified amount of tiles. (Default is 10)
Note : This affects all loading processes where multiple directories are involved.

Added Manual Merging
You can now add Map-Fragments manually to the map. To do this use the Menuitem "Layers".
After an Automerge you can now choose to manually merge the Map-Fragments that weren't auto merged.

How to use :
You can load Map-Fragments with the Menuitems.
You can Show and Hide Map-Fragments by selecting them in the List on the left and Pressing Show/Hide.

To move a Map-Fragment select it and drag it around.
You can select Map-Fragments by either Left-Clicking on them on the Map or selecting them in the List.
Selected Map-Fragments have a yellow Border and a '*' infront of their List-Entry.
Unselected Map-Fragments have a red Border.

To add Map-Fragments to your Main Map select them in the List and click Merge.
To remove Map-Fragments select them in the List and click Remove.

Version 1.7.1
Added Tooltips to Menuitems.
Added Fingerprint-Blacklist from Bdew.

Version 1.7
Added support for Bdew clients Fingerprint files. These will be used for merging if avaiable.

Version 1.6
Added support for 99x99 pixel tiles. Some clients seem to output the tiles at this size.
Added detection for completely black tiles. These won't be loaded, because they could cause problems during the merging process.
Minor performance fixes.
Improved Log-Output.

Version 1.5
Greatly reduced memory usage by downscaling the tiles at certain zoom levels.
This also improved the performance alot when working with big maps.
Reworked Coordinates to only show on the borders.
Taskbar Icon now shows Progress.

Version 1.4
New Feature : Region Markers
By pressing Shift + Right Click You can now place resizeable and tiltable Text-Overlays on the Map to give names to Regions of the Map.
New Option : Region Marker Font

Version 1.3
You can now add Custom Icons to the avaiable Markers.
After you start v1.3 the first time, it will create an Custom Icons folder next to the executable.
Simply put any .png files you want to use as icons into this folder. :)

Version 1.2
Fixed the settings window not opening.
Added support for maps with more than 2500 tiles.

Version 1.1.1
Fixed an error in the merging Process where underground tiles would not get detected correctly.

Version 1.1
Added Option to Export Tiles to a selected Folder.
New Setting : StartUp Load Directory - This Directory gets automatically loaded on Programm start.

Controls
Left Click : Move Map
Right Click : Place Map Marker
Shift Right Click : Place Region Marker
Mousewheel : Zoom
Mousewheel Click : Center Map

Shift + Left Click : Select Tile
Delete : Delete selected Tiles

Menu
Note : Please set an Export- and Game-Map-Directory via the Settings Menu for easier use.
File -> Load Directory : Loads a single Directory with Tiles.
File -> Load Sub-Directories : Loads all Sub-Folders of a Directory and merges into a single map.
File -> Load Export-Directory : Loads the Export-Directory.

File -> Export Image : Exports the current map to a Image-File.
File -> Export Tiles : Exports the current map as single tiles.

Merge -> Merge with Directory : Merges the current map with a Directory with Tiles.
Merge -> Merge with Directories : Merges the current map with all Sub-Folders of a Directory.
Merge -> Merge with Game-Map : Merges the current map with the Game-Map-Directory.

Tools -> Clear Game Map Directory : Deletes all folders in the Game-Map-Directory.

Screenshots
PlayerTracker & SessionWatcher

Bug Reports, Critic and Requests are appreciated. :!:
Last edited by Prodark on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Prodark

Re: Map Merger and Viewer

Postby RickyP602 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:55 am

Mine seems to process all the map tiles, but doesn't give me a map.
RickyP602

Postby Prodark » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:13 pm

RickyP602 wrote:Mine seems to process all the map tiles, but doesn't give me a map.

Could you please tell me what it says in the bottom after it finished loading?

EDIT: You could also zip your folder and send it to me, so i can go check myself. :D
Prodark

Postby Reyajh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:09 am

Awesome!!! Love it!!!

Could you make it possible to copy and paste Markers?

Occasionally the computer will mess up a tile somewhere (during the merging process?) (This is not caused by your program) and it is very tedious to go back in, find all the bad tiles, then I used to open them in a program like 'MS Picture It' and add text like 'Bad' (Very tedious,) so that the next time I'm in that area I could get a good tile of the area. Note: I have noticed this can be done reliably by opening the map folder of the current client I am using while I am in-game and copying the tile from there, while I am in-game. It always seems to be correctly drawn when I do that, no matter which of the various clients I have used to date, such as Amber, Ender's, etc.

As far as that goes, the ability to add, delete and replace individual tiles would nearly make the whole process complete within your program, but alas.., I am not aware of the difficulty in doing such things and don't want to impose on your freely given work.
(See the attached image & note the Bad tile Marked & the one directly below it.)

Your program has already made this process immensely easier ;)

Very straight forward & user friendly.

Thanks!!! really awesome :D

Edit: Is there a way to save the image outside of the program? I can't get it to save the map file outside of the program. Or is there a way to make it so we can have more than 1 map saved within it? I have maps that are too big to stitch together and it seems to auto load the same map every time I run it.
Attachments
MapMerger1.0-Ac.gif
Note the bad tile below the one marked.
MapMerger1.0-Ac.gif (163.9 KiB) Viewed 9857 times
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Prodark » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Reyajh wrote:Awesome!!! Love it!!!

Could you make it possible to copy and paste Markers?

Occasionally the computer will mess up a tile somewhere (during the merging process?) (This is not caused by your program) and it is very tedious to go back in, find all the bad tiles, then I used to open them in a program like 'MS Picture It' and add text like 'Bad' (Very tedious,) so that the next time I'm in that area I could get a good tile of the area. Note: I have noticed this can be done reliably by opening the map folder of the current client I am using while I am in-game and copying the tile from there, while I am in-game. It always seems to be correctly drawn when I do that, no matter which of the various clients I have used to date, such as Amber, Ender's, etc.

As far as that goes, the ability to add, delete and replace individual tiles would nearly make the whole process complete within your program, but alas.., I am not aware of the difficulty in doing such things and don't want to impose on your freely given work.
(See the attached image & note the Bad tile Marked & the one directly below it.)

Your program has already made this process immensely easier ;)

Very straight forward & user friendly.

Thanks!!! really awesome :D

Edit: Is there a way to save the image outside of the program? I can't get it to save the map file outside of the program. Or is there a way to make it so we can have more than 1 map saved within it? I have maps that are too big to stitch together and it seems to auto load the same map every time I run it.

Thanks alot for the feedback!

For Copy&Pasting of markers you could select the markers in the grid, press Export to copy them to your clipboard and import then. Then you can edit the X/Y-Coords to move it around.
I'll try and work on an easier way soon. :)

I'll also try to add an option to add single Tiles to the map.

For the image-issue. You can export the Map as a png-File via File -> Export Image.

It loads the Export-Directory on Start-Up. I'll see if i can split that up so it's easier to manage not connected Mapparts.
Prodark

Re: Map Merger 1.1.1

Postby Prodark » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:07 am

Test Version 1.2

Added Support for Maps with more than 2500 Tiles.
Improved performance while displaying big maps.

Image-Export disabled for this version!
Prodark

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Hey there!
I really like your tool, I think it is more aesthetically pleasing than the other tools - and I like your icons...

However I can't seem to access the settings. When I click "settings", it just opens a generic "load file interface" however it doesn't do anything else, even if I load something. By reading the post, it seems there should be options there, like setting an Export folder, default folder, etc... but nothing happens, I click "Settings" and it just asks me to open a file and doesn't tell me what I should look for or anything.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Prodark » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:46 am

DaniAngione wrote:Hey there!
I really like your tool, I think it is more aesthetically pleasing than the other tools - and I like your icons...

However I can't seem to access the settings. When I click "settings", it just opens a generic "load file interface" however it doesn't do anything else, even if I load something. By reading the post, it seems there should be options there, like setting an Export folder, default folder, etc... but nothing happens, I click "Settings" and it just asks me to open a file and doesn't tell me what I should look for or anything.

Oh wow i screwed up. :oops:
I forgot to show the new Settings Window when clicking on the button. Really sorry!

I'll release a fix later on in the day, when i finished fixing the image export for big Maps.
To fix this problem for now, you can set the options via the MapMerger.cfg file, located in the same directory as the .exe File.

Add these Lines and put the directory you want to set it after the '='.
StartUpDirectory=
MainExportDirectory=
GameMapDirectory=
Prodark

Re: Map Merger 1.2

Postby Prodark » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Released Version 1.2
Example :
Prodark

Re: Map Merger 1.2

Postby DaniAngione » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Prodark wrote:Released Version 1.2
Example :

Oh, don't be sorry :) it happens!

Thank you very much for the fix :)

----
EDIT:

Ok, I'm really digging your map merger! It is the most aesthetically pleasing of them all (in my opinion)

So, if I may, let me list a few suggestions/wishes? :)

- Ability to add layers (for caves and such) I suppose this is already planned as it seems to be a common feature on map mergers.
- Some way to divide the Markers into categories and filter them by icon and/or category. Filtering by icon would be useful to see clay spots, or water spots, etc... Category could be something like "importance" (Major, minor, etc...) and it would hide the marker (leaving only the icon) when you zoom out. For example, if you have a region full of markers and some of them are not that important (like a simple cave entrance), the cave entrance could only appear when you zoom in, and that would be determined by the category, Major markers appear from far away, Minor markers need to be zoomed in
- A cave entrance marker, a Village Claim (the big animal skull) marker, some smiles (maybe happy, neutral and bad, to mark people as peaceful, neutral, aggressive, etc...) :) Or the ability to add custom markers :D

And something I'd love to see that I've never seen in any map merger:
- The ability to 'name regions'. It would be like a marker, but with a larger (yet not so prominent, no background, etc) font and it would scale up and down with the map (as if it was drawn on the map) so we can name forests, lakes, etc.. :D I can do it with a marker, I know, but there are 2 problems with that:
1- markers NEED icons. Region names would be cool without icons
2- region names should be a 'different' layer, not so prominent as markers :)

I know it's a big list lol, but I really liked your work. Good job so far!

------------
EDIT AGAIN

To make it more clear, I've edited two screenshots from a random map part to explain what I meant with all those suggestions.

Here in the first one, a bit zoomed out, you can see:
"Minor" Markers (just the icons)
"Major" Markers (icon + name)
Region names

Then, when we zoom in a bit, we can see that the "Minor" markers can now be read (the text appears when looking up close)
And also note that region names 'scale' with the map - as if they were painted on the terrain.

W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower