windows.json

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

windows.json

Postby pedorlee » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Since the basic client its just one file and the clients are composed by more files I supose its because they are decompressed objects. Is it like that?
I've opened the windows.json and it contain what it look like coordinates of my builded equipment. why?
Also, why are they decompressed? if they are decompressed ofc.

Call me lazy bastard but pls someone :D
pedorlee

Re: windows.json

Postby shubla » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Windows.json? Where you see somrthing like this? What
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby borka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:47 am

The vanilla client isn't just one file ... you open autohaven.jnlp which directs Java to dl more needed files (open autohaven.jnlp with Notepad to look into) into Java Cache ( you can look into it via Java CPL-> General Tab-> Temporary Internetfiles ->View) ... also while playing extra res files getting downloaded and also stored in Java Cache and user/.haven/hafen Cache (in simple words) ... but i didn't find a windows.json - neither in downloaded vanilla nor in the vanilla source code

Post that windows.json and tell what do you mean with decompressed ?!?
borka

Postby czaper2 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:30 am

pedorlee wrote:Since the basic client its just one file and the clients are composed by more files I supose its because they are decompressed objects. Is it like that?
I've opened the windows.json and it contain what it look like coordinates of my builded equipment. why?
Also, why are they decompressed? if they are decompressed ofc.

Call me lazy bastard but pls someone :D

Translation
pedorlee wrote:I downloaded a custom client and saw all these files. I opened windows.json and it has mysterious things inside it, what are they? Also why is it decompressed?

windows.json stores the coordinates for windows inside the custom client. It's a settings file, those aren't normally compressed.
czaper2

Postby borka » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:45 am

thanks czaper :)

It's not Amber ...

edited: czaper set me straight that it's in Ender ... sometimes flying over source isn't just good enough :oops:
Last edited by borka on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borka

Postby pedorlee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 am

borka wrote:The vanilla client isn't just one file ... you open autohaven.jnlp which directs Java to dl more needed files (open autohaven.jnlp with Notepad to look into) into Java Cache ( you can look into it via Java CPL-> General Tab-> Temporary Internetfiles ->View) ... also while playing extra res files getting downloaded and also stored in Java Cache and user/.haven/hafen Cache (in simple words) ... but i didn't find a windows.json - neither in downloaded vanilla nor in the vanilla source code

Post that windows.json and tell what do you mean with decompressed ?!?

Thanks a lot for the explanation. When I asked this was just after the teacher explained us the JSON files. Im not home now but ill edit this once I get home with the picture. I just started studing objects or OOP, so im probably asking idiot things, hehe.
Also thanks to czaper and shubla.

Edit: It's Ender.

MAybe they are not coords, its the first thing it comes to my mind everytime I see an x and a y... :P
It's a list of arrays ready to be used once called.
pedorlee

Postby borka » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:42 pm

czaper2 wrote:windows.json stores the coordinates for windows inside the custom client. It's a settings file, those aren't normally compressed.
borka

Return to The Wizards' Tower