World Map

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: World Map

Postby Aethyr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:51 pm

I've uploaded, so I think we have to wait for the autoupdater
Aethyr

Postby Dreadicon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:07 am

Is there any way to get Localized Resources listed on these maps? I know that's iffy, but could be very handy....
Dreadicon

Postby RASKHOS » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 am

Dreadicon wrote:Is there any way to get Localized Resources listed on these maps? I know that's iffy, but could be very handy....

thats why u have the minimap and 5 flags to name it,go out u bum!! :D
RASKHOS

Postby Dreadicon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:44 am

RASKHOS wrote:
Dreadicon wrote:Is there any way to get Localized Resources listed on these maps? I know that's iffy, but could be very handy....

thats why u have the minimap and 5 flags to name it,go out u bum!! :D

ok, ok :P but one could say 'why do we need a world map? thats what we have in-game maps for' too.

On a more useful note, how about a cave map? caves correspond to the surface 1:1 also, so they could be mapped and pieced together over time.
Dreadicon

Postby algeralith » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 am

Should be all good now. Any new uploads will be added within 10-30 minutes. (Currently set to 10, and i'll probably up it later on to 30)
If something does not match right away, feel free to just hit the refresh button in the uploader. That'll tell the server to try to rematch
the sessions.

I also recruiting a few volunteers, and gave them access to a toolkit I made. They should be able to fix any mismatch / bad tiles.
Just post any occurrence of those.

Enjoy!
algeralith

Postby Aethyr » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:52 am

algeralith wrote:Should be all good now. Any new uploads will be added within 10-30 minutes. (Currently set to 10, and i'll probably up it later on to 30)
If something does not match right away, feel free to just hit the refresh button in the uploader. That'll tell the server to try to rematch
the sessions.

I also recruiting a few volunteers, and gave them access to a toolkit I made. They should be able to fix any mismatch / bad tiles.
Just post any occurrence of those.

Enjoy!

Great, thanks! :) Any chance to restore gif/historical extentions?

edit: something wrong here
http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=92.82&y=-4.78&zoom=9
Aethyr

Postby isdel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:01 am

There's been a couple of issues with this map for as long as it's been around. I thought it might be because I use Pale Moon, but I checked in the most recent version of Firefox and they're also present there.

First, double-clicking to zoom in puts the map into a bugged state. If you try to click and drag to pan after this, you will first get the "can't do this" cursor and it won't pan. On mouse up, it will go into panning mode, and won't stop panning until you click again. The only way to fix this is to reload the page.

Second, the cookie consent overlay at the bottom - I assume that's what it is, though there's no text, only a "got it!" button which doesn't work - doesn't actually overlay the map, but actually sits below the map pane causing a vertical scroll bar to appear. This issue is also present in Chrome.
isdel

Postby Olurzich » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am

isdel wrote:Second, the cookie consent overlay at the bottom - I assume that's what it is, though there's no text, only a "got it!" button which doesn't work - doesn't actually overlay the map, but actually sits below the map pane causing a vertical scroll bar to appear. This issue is also present in Chrome.

Just small error. This button must be a part of info windows and close it.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=51908
Olurzich

Postby r21187 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:20 pm

isdel wrote:
First, double-clicking to zoom in puts the map into a bugged state. If you try to click and drag to pan after this, you will first get the "can't do this" cursor and it won't pan. On mouse up, it will go into panning mode, and won't stop panning until you click again. The only way to fix this is to reload the page.

i was mad with my computer since i been getting A HELL of problems with java and playing this i was thinking this too was a trouble from my computer

thanks for the info now i know that is a thing with the map
ven wrote:After reading this thread I'm considering playing again just to make some metal and buy 22 boats from this guy.

jorb wrote:Ok, will buff.
(Still waiting)
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
r21187

Postby romovs » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Algeralith, when will you provide API for downloading tile IDs? I would really prefer not to spend time on setting up an alternative map server for position tracking. Thanks.
romovs

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower