World Map

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: World Map

Postby hushpuppi3 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm

xdragonlord18 wrote:i dont think the regular haven client saves the map so you need to use a custom client like amber

I've had the setting "save map tiles to disk" checked in my Amber client since I started playing, but I can't find anything that looks to be a map file in the client's directory. What is it called and where is it saved?
hushpuppi3

Postby Ysh » Sun May 15, 2016 7:02 pm

hushpuppi3 wrote:
xdragonlord18 wrote:i dont think the regular haven client saves the map so you need to use a custom client like amber

I've had the setting "save map tiles to disk" checked in my Amber client since I started playing, but I can't find anything that looks to be a map file in the client's directory. What is it called and where is it saved?

Should be folder for map in client directory. This will contain other timestamp folders with map tiles. You can use some utility for making big map from these tiles.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby hushpuppi3 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Do I need to make the folder myself? there isn't one in my directory
hushpuppi3

Postby Ysh » Sun May 15, 2016 7:47 pm

hushpuppi3 wrote:Do I need to make the folder myself? there isn't one in my directory

This folder is maybe somewhere else on your system. Try to search your drive for "map" or "currentsession.js," this are files it will making. Looking at the codes it should just be saved in current directory of client, but maybe this is somewhere strange for you.
Code: Select all
                    session = (new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH.mm.ss")).format(new Date(System.currentTimeMillis()));
                    (new File("map/" + session)).mkdirs();
                    try {
                        Writer cursesf = new FileWriter("map/currentsession.js");
                        cursesf.write("var currentSession = '" + session + "';\n");
                        cursesf.close();
                    } catch (IOException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                        abort = true;
                    }
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby hushpuppi3 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Couldn't find anything. I recently wiped my hard drive (before installing any clients) and Amber is my only client so I was able to manually search every possible location (including hidden files) and wasn't able to find anything. I tried manually making a maps folder, which didn't work. I also tried unchecking "Save map data to disk", closing client, then re-enabling it, and nothing happened. Not sure what would cause it to just not save the map data.
hushpuppi3

Postby Ysh » Sun May 15, 2016 8:27 pm

hushpuppi3 wrote:Couldn't find anything. I recently wiped my hard drive (before installing any clients) and Amber is my only client so I was able to manually search every possible location (including hidden files) and wasn't able to find anything. I tried manually making a maps folder, which didn't work. I also tried unchecking "Save map data to disk", closing client, then re-enabling it, and nothing happened. Not sure what would cause it to just not save the map data.

If you run this client with run_debug.bat to hold console open, does it include some error here? Maybe it can fail to write to disk for some reason.

Ysh

Postby hushpuppi3 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:40 pm

I fixed it. For some reason my computer had super restricted my administrator account (and pretty much everything else) for no apparent reason. I should be able to fill quite a few unknown spots
hushpuppi3

Postby Tony88 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Thank you for all your work on the map. There appears to be bad data from 4,70 to 8,74 and from 12,77 to 21,74. I'll try to fill in some white spots after the bad data is fixed.

Edit 1 time to add second bad area.
Tony88

Postby shubla » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:47 pm

You could add markers like in legacy. So you could measure distance between point A and point B
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Onep » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:07 am

This map is really nice, keep updating tiles please!
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower