World Map

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: World Map

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:01 am

I'm thinking they used the "central" spawn mechanic like most previous worlds have used rather than the distributed method that was used last couple of worlds. It made for an "interesting" world start.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:04 pm

I see some green artifacts between water and sand on zoomed out tiles. Probably because blue and yellow results in green. Perhaps some scaling/filtration method should be taken a look at, or are these green artifacts intended?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Kaileenah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Hello everyone,
I think this is the best thread to ask my question (if not, move it or go to the trash) ... I have been looking for a world map that allows customizing signs. I have found the Time Paradox Map Tool and I have not made it work by adding the path of the tiles saved by the Amber client and with my little knowledge I cannot experiment, I do not even know why it asks for two routes .... I have also seen the hafen map but there is no world 12. So ... there is no program to create maps in a simple way, even if you manually add the images together with the ids.text files? I don't mind adding the sessions little by little as I discover, I just want to see a world map with its signs :cry:

Thank you for read me! :D
Kaileenah

Postby Uriel » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:56 pm

How can I make curent world map work with amber? (Showing cords, opening map in browser). I wad using custom map serwer and I want to switch.
Uriel

Postby Glorthan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:26 am

Kaileenah wrote:Hello everyone,
I think this is the best thread to ask my question (if not, move it or go to the trash) ... I have been looking for a world map that allows customizing signs. I have found the Time Paradox Map Tool and I have not made it work by adding the path of the tiles saved by the Amber client and with my little knowledge I cannot experiment, I do not even know why it asks for two routes .... I have also seen the hafen map but there is no world 12. So ... there is no program to create maps in a simple way, even if you manually add the images together with the ids.text files? I don't mind adding the sessions little by little as I discover, I just want to see a world map with its signs :cry:

Thank you for read me! :D

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=64371

something like this is what you mean? There are a few other ones that use your local client tiles, but they are harder to set up and require private clients (i believe).
Glorthan

Postby algeralith » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:29 am

Uriel wrote:How can I make curent world map work with amber? (Showing cords, opening map in browser). I wad using custom map serwer and I want to switch.

I believe you'll need a grids_id.txt file for that to work.

Hopefully I can make one available sometime this weekend.

Also, a few people uploaded tiles recently. If possibly, could you clear history and re-run the uploader. There was an unexpected bug that I had to fix that might have errored the uploader.
algeralith

Postby Kaileenah » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Glorthan wrote:
Kaileenah wrote:...

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=64371

something like this is what you mean? There are a few other ones that use your local client tiles, but they are harder to set up and require private clients (i believe).

Thank you so much! It's exactly that I was looking for.
Kaileenah

Postby not_a_cat » Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 pm

algeralith wrote:...you'll need a grids_id.txt file for that to work.

Hopefully I can make one available...

Pretty please, fresh grids_id.txt file would be really awesome
not_a_cat

Postby rhzk » Mon May 11, 2020 7:31 pm

rhzk

Postby Pills » Tue May 19, 2020 6:15 pm

algeralith wrote:
Uriel wrote:How can I make curent world map work with amber? (Showing cords, opening map in browser). I wad using custom map serwer and I want to switch.

I believe you'll need a grids_id.txt file for that to work.

Hopefully I can make one available sometime this weekend.

Also, a few people uploaded tiles recently. If possibly, could you clear history and re-run the uploader. There was an unexpected bug that I had to fix that might have errored the uploader.

Any luck finding time to do this? :D
Pills

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower