Graphic mods?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Graphic mods?

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 pm

SacreDoom wrote:I'd like to see a res tool returning, personally, as well.

ya this is killing me ive been dying to make some dank res
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jordancoles » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:35 am

Loftar the people are making their concerns heard
How do you respond??
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:49 am

jordancoles wrote:Loftar the people are making their concerns heard
How do you respond??

I didn't particularly see any concerns that are for me to respond to, unless you expect me to write a resource management tool for you or something.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ven » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Can't you write one and make it available at the shop?
Venator
ven

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:16 pm

loftar wrote: resource management tool

You probably have tool to make .res files from stuff and vice verse.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:47 pm

I use the tool written by KerriganHaven. He is lazy dick and don't want to publish it by himself, but he said i can post the binaries

It is nice for viewing resources and allows export and import of different layers, you can also create new resources with it. It also decompiles code sections automatically.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77217381/ShareX/2016/11/havenrt.7z (C++ binaries, with all Qt libs for win64)
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby loftar » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:07 pm

shubla wrote:You probably have tool to make .res files from stuff and vice verse.

Yes, but see page 2. The "vice versa" part, therefore, is not true.
loftar

Postby Piquituerto » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:50 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I use the tool written by KerriganHaven. He is lazy dick and don't want to publish it by himself, but he said i can post the binaries

ty for sharing this, i've been experimenting with the tool for a while and i'm trying to figure out how this works so i can modify/create new meshes/animations and get it working.
so ... I have few question( probably dumb/noob questions) in case someone can answer.

First, I have no clue about how the layers work, i have no problem exporting the .obj( mesh, UV) and texture but don't know if there is any way to export/import the skel / skan layers (i guess is the rig/animation) so i can assign vertex to bones.
Also there is some res files with vbuf layers instead of vbuf2 and i don't see any option to export, so same question, any way to export/import those layers?
also don't have any idea about how the material layers works... i guess is for the variable materials, but i don't have a clue on how to implement it on custom models.

Just hoping some brilliant mind throw any hints about how to implement some custom shit with this tool, i don't even know if is possible at all with this tool.

loftar wrote:
shubla wrote:You probably have tool to make .res files from stuff and vice verse.

Any chances we could at least get that tool?. so we can try to create things from scratch and compile them into res files, i myself am very interested in creating some custom graphics.
Piquituerto

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Piquituerto wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:I use the tool written by KerriganHaven. He is lazy dick and don't want to publish it by himself, but he said i can post the binaries

ty for sharing this, i've been experimenting with the tool for a while and i'm trying to figure out how this works so i can modify/create new meshes/animations and get it working.
so ... I have few question( probably dumb/noob questions) in case someone can answer.

First, I have no clue about how the layers work, i have no problem exporting the .obj( mesh, UV) and texture but don't know if there is any way to export/import the skel / skan layers (i guess is the rig/animation) so i can assign vertex to bones.
Also there is some res files with vbuf layers instead of vbuf2 and i don't see any option to export, so same question, any way to export/import those layers?
also don't have any idea about how the material layers works... i guess is for the variable materials, but i don't have a clue on how to implement it on custom models.

Just hoping some brilliant mind throw any hints about how to implement some custom shit with this tool, i don't even know if is possible at all with this tool.

loftar wrote:

Any chances we could at least get that tool?. so we can try to create things from scratch and compile them into res files, i myself am very interested in creating some custom graphics.

If I remember right he gave up with meshes. I might be wrong though.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Piquituerto wrote:Any chances we could at least get that tool?. so we can try to create things from scratch and compile them into res files, i myself am very interested in creating some custom graphics.

Well, I mean, the source files are very often specially formatted and all kinds of things, so that tool would really only be good for its source code in order to build a new tool, and then you're just as well off with the client source code. It also depends on a fair bit of the rest of the Haven dev environment, so unless I were to fix it up in various ways, it wouldn't run on your computer, not to mention it is Unix-only.

shubla wrote:If I remember right he gave up with meshes. I might be wrong though.

I've heard the reason he gave up was because he used the OBJ file format for interchange, which sounds reasonable because OBJ is quite outdated indeed. Internally, we use Ogre XML for interchange instead, which I think is much more worth looking into. It's fairly retarded that it is XML, but apart from that it's a pretty nice and extensible format. I'm sure there are other formats that may be useful as well, but I couldn't speak for those personally.
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower