Graphic mods?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Graphic mods?

Postby APXEOLOG » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:43 am

Piquituerto wrote:ty for sharing this, i've been experimenting with the tool for a while and i'm trying to figure out how this works so i can modify/create new meshes/animations and get it working.
so ... I have few question( probably dumb/noob questions) in case someone can answer.

First, I have no clue about how the layers work, i have no problem exporting the .obj( mesh, UV) and texture but don't know if there is any way to export/import the skel / skan layers (i guess is the rig/animation) so i can assign vertex to bones.
Also there is some res files with vbuf layers instead of vbuf2 and i don't see any option to export, so same question, any way to export/import those layers?
also don't have any idea about how the material layers works... i guess is for the variable materials, but i don't have a clue on how to implement it on custom models.

Just hoping some brilliant mind throw any hints about how to implement some custom shit with this tool, i don't even know if is possible at all with this tool.

I think every layer can be exported as raw binary data if there is no special output format. Speaking about all those 3d stuff - it is a bit hard to transform number of different layers and resources into the single model file. At least i was unable to find suitable format for everything that loftar use

loftar wrote:Internally, we use Ogre XML for interchange instead, which I think is much more worth looking into

Thx, i'll look into it
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Piquituerto » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:23 pm

thank you for answering, hope someday we see some tool for plebs like me :)
Piquituerto

Postby LostJustice » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:17 am

Thedrah wrote:10$ on first graphic mod to be minecraft

You mean like this right?

LostJustice

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Modifying inventory items and 2d sprites and such is already possible.
But modifying objects like trees and houses is more difficult I think.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Flyrella » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:33 am

APXEOLOG wrote:I use the tool written by KerriganHaven. He is lazy dick and don't want to publish it by himself, but he said i can post the binaries

It is nice for viewing resources and allows export and import of different layers, you can also create new resources with it. It also decompiles code sections automatically.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77217381/ShareX/2016/11/havenrt.7z (C++ binaries, with all Qt libs for win64)

hi
this link doesn't work anymore
anyone has it saved?
Flyrella

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower