Mapper Nano (2.3.3) Release

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Mapper Nano (2.3.3) Release

Postby Grafbredbery » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Main features

• Indirect working with map fragments
  • Viewing maps in map services style
  • Automatic matching map fragments with each other
  • Merging fragments into single global maps (one ground and 5 cave layers)
  • Uploading new tiles from active session
  • Different type of markers
  • Undo/redo functionality
  • Regular backups of the database before launching
  • Exporting layers to the classic map format
  • Automatic tracker, which watches for the sessions and timely reflects all changes in the app

Install

On first launch
Place downloaded "Mapper Nano 2.x.x.jar" somewhere on the disk

Updating
Replace old "Mapper Nano 2.x.x.jar" with new one. Mapper has backward capability for databases created in previous 2.x.x versions.

Launch

Double click on file Mapper Nano 2.x.x.jar
Where 2.x.x is your version.

Or if you have a problem with launching then just make bat file with next content and launch it.

Code: Select all
java -jar "Mapper Nano 2.x.x.jar"

Keep in mind that application use Java 8.

Wiki

Home
Assembly
Changelog

Links

Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/hnh-mapper/files/latest/download
Mirror https://www.dropbox.com/s/qst01hef3n20mkg/Mapper%20Nano%202.3.3.jar
Project home page https://sourceforge.net/projects/hnh-mapper/
Sources https://sourceforge.net/p/hnh-mapper/code/HEAD/tree/

Theme with 1.x version
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40852

Last edited by Grafbredbery on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Grafbredbery

Re: Mapper Nano (2.x) (Beta)

Postby shubla » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Please add button to disable logging.
Its creating like 100mt of logs that I dont do anything with.
Stuff like this
2016-06-08 21:12:56,240 DEBUG [JdbcTemplate] taskManagerImpl-1; Executing prepared SQL statement [INSERT INTO tiles (x,y,z,layer_id,image_id,hash) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?)]
2016-06-08 21:12:56,240 DEBUG [JdbcTemplate] taskManagerImpl-1; SQL update affected 1 rows
2016-06-08 21:12:56,240 DEBUG [JdbcTemplate] taskManagerImpl-1; Executing prepared SQL query

Update
10 files and 200 mt of logs already and counting..
Update 2:
500mt of logs

Also it seems really laggy and not really working.
But that might be caused by me having 1g of mapfiles?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Granger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:40 pm

With 1GB of map tiles this will take a while, especially when every single tile writes 3 lines of log.

Maybe an option to set a loglevel (error, warn, info, debug)?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ysh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:42 pm

shubla wrote:500mt of logs

This is 500 megatonnes of log? 500 mountains? 500 reels of magnetic tape? Please advise.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Grafbredbery » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:44 pm

shubla wrote:Please add button to disable logging.
Its creating like 100mt of logs that I dont do anything with.
Stuff like this

Update
10 files and 200 mt of logs already and counting..
Update 2:
500mt of logs

Logging level changed, links in the first post updated.

shubla wrote:Also it seems really laggy and not really working.
But that might be caused by me having 1g of mapfiles?

May be it's true. In this version I tried a new model of loading data, which should improve performance. Tiles gradually loading into memory, after some time unused tiles are removed from memory.
Unfortunately, I haven't enough map tiles to make stress tests.
Grafbredbery

Postby Granger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:20 pm

First feedback:

- Exception below while importing ground layer, only cave l1 tiles are showing up
- markers with custom types (and custom graphics) have been reverted to standard type on import
- unable to edit markers from the list
- remove button for marker looks more like reload and is inconsistent with icon for remove action in marker list
- switching edit mode with the pencil button discards changes already made
- I don't really like the grouping of markers on zoom out, please make it optional or -better- zoom the marker images together with the tiles instead

Oh, and you overwrote my icons with your default ones, again :evil:

org.springframework.oxm.UnmarshallingFailureException: XStream unmarshalling exception; nested exception is com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: image == null! : image == null!
---- Debugging information ----
message             : image == null!
cause-exception     : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
cause-message       : image == null!
class               : com.evgenltd.mapper.core.entity.oldversionhelper.LayerOld
required-type       : com.evgenltd.mapper.core.entity.oldversionhelper.LayerOld
converter-type      : com.evgenltd.mapper.core.helper.oldversionimporter.LayerConverter
path                : /Layer/list/tile[2982]
line number         : 1
version             : 2.0 Beta
-------------------------------
        at org.springframework.oxm.xstream.XStreamMarshaller.convertXStreamException(XStreamMarshaller.java:839)
        at org.springframework.oxm.xstream.XStreamMarshaller.doUnmarshal(XStreamMarshaller.java:817)
        at org.springframework.oxm.xstream.XStreamMarshaller.unmarshalReader(XStreamMarshaller.java:805)
        at org.springframework.oxm.xstream.XStreamMarshaller.unmarshalInputStream(XStreamMarshaller.java:795)
        at org.springframework.oxm.xstream.XStreamMarshaller.unmarshalInputStream(XStreamMarshaller.java:787)
        at com.evgenltd.mapper.core.helper.oldversionimporter.OldVersionImporterHelper.doImportLayer(OldVersionImporterHelper.java:208)
        at com.evgenltd.mapper.core.helper.oldversionimporter.OldVersionImporterHelper.doImport(OldVersionImporterHelper.java:107)
        at com.evgenltd.mapper.core.helper.oldversionimporter.OldVersionImporterHelper$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$3e879322.invoke(<generated>)
        at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:720)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:655)
        at com.evgenltd.mapper.core.helper.oldversionimporter.OldVersionImporterHelper$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$40f2ff52.doImport(<generated>)
        at com.evgenltd.mapper.ui.screen.OldVersionImporter$1.call(OldVersionImporter.java:95)
        at com.evgenltd.mapper.ui.screen.OldVersionImporter$1.call(OldVersionImporter.java:92)
        at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:54)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Mapper Nano (2.1) Release

Postby Grafbredbery » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Mapper updated to version 2.1

Branch 2.0 Beta now no more supported. In 2.1 please use embedded importer to migrate from 1.x.

Granger wrote:...

Thanks for fedback. In 2.1 version many bugs were been fixed.
Marker clusterization was removed.
Work with markers was improved
Grafbredbery

Re: Mapper Nano (2.1) Release

Postby Grafbredbery » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Mapper Nano 2.1.1 released

Small patch which fixes some bugs with common actions in Mapper.

Last version you can find here https://sourceforge.net/projects/hnh-mapper/files/latest/download
Grafbredbery

Postby MadNomad » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Ysh wrote:

This is 500 megatonnes of log? 500 mountains? 500 reels of magnetic tape? Please advise.

maybe he meant g instead of t, both are close to each other, at least on my keyboard
MadNomad

Postby Ysh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:58 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Ysh wrote:

maybe he meant g instead of t, both are close to each other, at least on my keyboard

So you think this is milligram of log? Unless maybe capitalization is incorrect as well, then perhaps megagram or milligauss.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower