Exclusively in browser client?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Exclusively in browser client?

Postby loftar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:25 am

Granger wrote:It he can't download that file then he has no Internet.

I'm no expert, but I think Windows' group policy thingie has some setting that disables "file downloads" specifically in IE.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Granger » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:02 am

loftar wrote:
Granger wrote:It he can't download that file then he has no Internet.

I'm no expert, but I think Windows' group policy thingie has some setting that disables "file downloads" specifically in IE.

That's censornet then, not Internet ;)
Could also be a content filter disallowing that extension.

Main problem seems to be that java Web Start to be either disabled, misconfigured or not installed. One try could be to move the file there on a stick and to execute it with javaw.exe
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby LostJustice » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:40 pm

clefa221 wrote:I have a friend that wants to play haven and hearth, but sadly can't download anything on his school issued computer, I was wondering whether there is an in browser client that he could use?

FYI: He has the latest version of Java downloaded and has access to Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox

Do you know how you are being prevented from doing tasks on your computer? Like is it an application or is it actual windows settings preventing you from doing this? And can you explain to us exactly what is preventing this? This way it might help narrowing down the problem and seeing if this is even possible given your circumstances.
LostJustice

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower