Font size?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Font size?

Postby InvaderDoom » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:30 am

To all of the godlike Hearthlings making custom clients,

Hola! I played H&H probably back in around W5, and I've played Salem a fair bit(quite a lot actually ;) ) and I was blown away with the progress of H&H, now I know why jorbtar sold Salem to the Chief and his tribemates. To come back and make this game awesome.

However, the one thing I think both games could benefit from, is some sort of Font adjustment. I like to consider myself having very good eyesight, but I seem to still struggle trying to see most of the font. This problem existed in Salem, much like I find it does here. Is this something that cannot be changed? Possibly why it's never been touched by a custom client?

Thanks!
I just love to stalk the Jorbtar
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Re: Font size?

Postby zebratul » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:31 am

In Amber client, there is an option in UI Settings for changing chat font size.
Pretty sure the Purus Pasta has it too.

Do you have trouble reading tooltips text too?
zebratul

Postby InvaderDoom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:36 am

zebratul wrote:In Amber client, there is an option in UI Settings for changing chat font size.
Pretty sure the Purus Pasta has it too.

Do you have trouble reading tooltips text too?

Yeah, mainly it's the tooltips and stuff, Some icons are hard to decipher and the tooltips can be hard to read as well. The text should be bigger imo
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby shubla » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:25 am

Depending on what you use as a display, font size varies.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby randomredneck » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Just came back to the game and the font size for the tooltips is my problem too (was before I stopped playing as well); my only solution is to drop my screen resolution but the downside with that is I lose about an inch worth's of view all around the edge of my screen. Which I guess isn't too bad but it does give me less time to react to incoming threats.

Edit: Forgot to mention last time I was playing I did find a client that had a bigger font for the tooltips but I can't recall which one it was. It doesn't seem any on the first page here and even some of them are too old to connect (at least that's what it told me) so the one I'm thinking of is likely too old as well.
randomredneck

Postby Enjoyment » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:01 pm

UI scaling was supposed many times. Sadly, font size isn't something custom clients can adjust. J&L confirmed that as a problem. All we can is hope they'll do something with it.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Enjoyment wrote: font size isn't something custom clients can adjust

Im pretty sure it is.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Enjoyment » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:26 pm

shubla wrote:
Enjoyment wrote: font size isn't something custom clients can adjust

Im pretty sure it is.

Im pretty sure I saw a conversation between romovs and devs about that, and devs agreed to do something with it. Also, I was talking about font size of all UI, not just some font sizes (like chat font size that already scalable in Amber's)
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby randomredneck » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Well I know I used a client last time that had larger font in the tool tips about a year ago. Amber, Ender, Bdew, Shovel, and Minion are the ones I remember trying out and obviously the first two don't allow it but the last three no longer work so I can't check them. Something might have changed between then and now to make it no longer possible but I do know it was possible at one point.
randomredneck

Postby InvaderDoom » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 am

randomredneck wrote:Well I know I used a client last time that had larger font in the tool tips about a year ago. Amber, Ender, Bdew, Shovel, and Minion are the ones I remember trying out and obviously the first two don't allow it but the last three no longer work so I can't check them. Something might have changed between then and now to make it no longer possible but I do know it was possible at one point.

Honestly after fiddling with custom clients and such, I firmly believe that it just probably won't happen, not anytime soon at least.

My PC cannot seem to handle any other client other than enders, probably mostly due to so much on the screen. And I don't really forsee Ender going through the work to add this(no offence ender, love ya babe ;) ), I think that the two biggest things the game needs really is a better follow cam(ortho is nice sometimes, but it gives me a headache after a while), and custom UI capabilities. However, this needs to be done and optimized on the default client, not custom ones. And let's face it, I don't see that coming any time soon ;)
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Return to The Wizards' Tower