Performance and FPS Issue

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Performance and FPS Issue

Postby InvaderDoom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:05 am

Ok, so I've been analyzing this for quite some time now and I think I've put enough together to make this a cohesive post about what's going on with my client.

So any other client other than the default one, my frames suck. Not terribly, but enough to be annoyingly noticeable. Like skipping, studdering, etc. Whenever I'm using the default client at my base, I get a solid 60fps consistently, and everywhere else too. Now that's also including turning on all the pretty graphics options.

However, when using Amber Client, Pasta Client, or Enders Client; I barely touch 40fps in my base and it bounces all over the place. With all the graphics options off! I know Java is Java and all that, but with an i7, a GTX 760SC, and 12gb of RAM I don't feel this should be an issue. I've tried several things to identify the issue, but I must be missing one.

1. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java(twice)
2. I've tried updating graphics drivers
3. I've tried downgrading graphics drivers
4. I've tried tweaking my Nvidia control panel to make my GPU actually render Java with all it's cores
5. Hell, before this post I was considering actually reinstalling windows to see if that was the problem

Those things together with trying to figure out why the custom clients are so much different has me thrown for a loop.

Would anyone be able to give me any advice on how to stabilize the custom clients? It would be greatly appreciated!

inb4 someone says to delete my system 32 folder, I tried it but I didn't have permissions. Kappa
I just love to stalk the Jorbtar
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Re: Performance and FPS Issue

Postby InvaderDoom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 am

Update: Checked out a few things, Ender's client runs at a solid 60fps. So you're good Ender.

Love ya, babe 8-)
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 pm

My guess is the other clients are doing something that delays access of the render loop to the game data. I suspect a feature (shared by the others) that isn't in Ender client, likely something that takes the gobj list lock.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby InvaderDoom » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 am

Yeah I figured it had to be something with the way the client was caching or pulling data.

I just don't know if any of the original modders are active in updating their clients so I saw nowhere else to turn to. I didn't know if this is common, or if there's just something wrong in my set up, I guess I'll have Pastas client for autoleveling and such, then use enders 90% of the time.
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby belondes » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 am

yeah. got all the same issues plus some weird sound crap like all sounds each 10-20-30sec halt for a sec

official client aiint playable at all
tho everything perfect there
belondes

Postby sMartins » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Use the default client guys...cheating with a custom client on this game it's a shame. If you want an easier game go play COD.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Zeler » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:46 pm

sMartins wrote:Use the default client guys...cheating with a custom client on this game it's a shame. If you want an easier game go play COD.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Zeler

Postby shubla » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 pm

sMartins wrote:Use the default client guys...cheating with a custom client on this game it's a shame. If you want an easier game go play COD.

I think that going to grocery store to buy food is cheating.
You should hunt or farm it yourself.
If you want easier life, kill urself. not really
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Lets hope you never give in and try one then, there is no going back once you do ... :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby sMartins » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:16 pm

This is entertainment, not real life...so make no sense to me trying to make it easier, in this way your're losing a part of the game....if Devs made the client at this way, it's cause the game is more challenging and immersive. You have to enjoy the process of playing in this type of games...for sure you are free to play as you want, mine was only an advice ( now a guy want to do pvp is obliged to use custom, cause you are using it...if noone was using customs would be equal for everyone, and the game would be more interesting, and played as intended to be)
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower