A fatal error, help?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

A fatal error, help?

Postby Rokii » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:36 am

Hi all! New player, I managed to get a hold of a few of the clients the community members have made. They load and start perfectly, but after the section during loading where the client says "looking for resources" it crashes and gives me the error I pasted below. If there's any bits of advice, or if anyone knows how to fix this I'd REEALLY appreciate the help!

Pc specs:
Presario CQ56-219WM Notebook PC
processor: intel(r) celeron(r) CPU 900 @2.20ghz
card: mobile intel (r) express chipset family
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Error:

# r has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000058a14b20, pid=5080, tid=0x0000000000000f9c
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_101-b13) (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.101-b13 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [ig4icd64.dll+0xc4b20]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Last edited by Rokii on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rokii

Re: A fatal error, help?

Postby APXEOLOG » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 am

Seems like you have problems with you video drivers. Do you use laptop with integrated and discrete video cards? In this case ensure that you launch your client with proper video card. According to the log the opengl driver for your integrated video cannot handle the game
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Rokii » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:Seems like you have problems with you video drivers. Do you use laptop with integrated and discrete video cards? In this case ensure that you launch your client with proper video card. According to the log the opengl driver for your integrated video cannot handle the game

Thank you for responding!
It's a laptop, a Compaq Presario CQ56-219WM Notebook PC. and from my understanding I only have one video card Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family. is there a way to switch it from opengl?
Rokii

Postby APXEOLOG » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Rokii wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:Seems like you have problems with you video drivers. Do you use laptop with integrated and discrete video cards? In this case ensure that you launch your client with proper video card. According to the log the opengl driver for your integrated video cannot handle the game

It's a laptop, a Compaq Presario CQ56-219WM Notebook PC. and from my understanding I only have one video card Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family. is there a way to switch it from opengl?

No, the game requires OpenGL. But your integrated video should be able to handle this game. Try to find latest video drivers for your laptop and install it
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Rokii » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:51 am

APXEOLOG wrote:
Rokii wrote:

No, the game requires OpenGL. But your integrated video should be able to handle this game. Try to find latest video drivers for your laptop and install it

Tried that, I will continue looking. I use Intel Driver Update Utility, as of right now there's no new updates. however I will continue looking because I really wanna play this game. Any tips on where I could possible find the update or check what version of opengl I'm on?

Edited:

I found my latest drivers here:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel ... el/5048731

Found and reinstalled the graphics driver which was already installed. I still get the same error I also sent a bug report to Java, but god knows when/if they'll get back to me.
Rokii

Return to The Wizards' Tower