Progammable Shaders, essential?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Progammable Shaders, essential?

Postby Serin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:51 am

the biggest thing i see is antialiasing its not a setting in the GPU so i know thats why the default crashes with that setting, is it possible that the custom clients have it on by default?

anyways luckily the default client works, and its resizable now!
Serin

Postby loftar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:27 am

Serin wrote:the biggest thing i see is antialiasing its not a setting in the GPU so i know thats why the default crashes with that setting, is it possible that the custom clients have it on by default?

In that case, they should crash with the same error as the default client does when you turn antialiasing on, which is clearly not the case.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby romovs » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:59 am

Probably Windows' supplied OpenGL driver is been loaded for some reason when using custom client while default one loads a proper driver. Maybe there is some difference between WebStarted apps vs javaw/java that affects this choice for Windows?
IIRC it helped someone having this exact issue just to install 64-bit Java and 64-bit Intel drivers from Intel website.
romovs

Postby APXEOLOG » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:51 am

romovs wrote:Probably Windows' supplied OpenGL driver is been loaded for some reason when using custom client while default one loads a proper driver. Maybe there is some difference between WebStarted apps vs javaw/java that affects this choice for Windows?
IIRC it helped someone having this exact issue just to install 64-bit Java and 64-bit Intel drivers from Intel website.

There was a bug in some versions on jre8 under Win10 (http://forum.jogamp.org/Bad-GL-RENDERER-detection-td4036346.html#a4036360)
I think i used java 8u25 release to launch the client th that case, the bug was not present here
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Serin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:52 pm

well currently the run.bat is going to javaw; im about to try v8u25 and alter the path to see if that makes a difference or at least changes the error

Edit: Didn't even have to change the path the issue was indeed the java version
Serin

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 am

APXEOLOG wrote:There was a bug in some versions on jre8 under Win10 (http://forum.jogamp.org/Bad-GL-RENDERER-detection-td4036346.html#a4036360)
I think i used java 8u25 release to launch the client th that case, the bug was not present here

Interesting; that seems to be the same bug I encountered in my last little experiment with Windows. At that time, I concluded that it was a bug in Intel's drivers for old enough GPUs, which only surfaced on Windows 10. Not sure if that conclusion is correct, of course, but if it is, then it could be that they no longer test those older GPUs on Windows 10.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby sMartins » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:25 am

loftar wrote: they no longer test those older GPUs on Windows 10.

Why should they do that? You have always to buy the new....keep the wheels of economy rolling :D (this is always Italian :D )
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower