[TECHNICAL] {MAC} Need help for a friend with Haven

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

[TECHNICAL] {MAC} Need help for a friend with Haven

Postby Headchef » Sun May 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello everyone, I tried playing Haven with a friend of mine yesterday and we ran into some issues.

The first issue is that my friend does some kind of graphical education where people recommended him to buy a Mac computer.
This is because these people have no idea what they're doing, it worked for them so far as well as loving the cock-stroke when paying too much for shitty hardware with a bite out of the apple.

So first thing I tell my friend ; get amber client it has best feature/stability ratio for me as well as I remember it has option for Mac.

After messing around with this for a while, Mac said he didn't have permissions to do such and such (he's an admin on his own computer and even now Steve Jobs is taking his right away from beyond the grave) the client finally loaded.

When logging in, it immediately shut down while saying ''Main frame has stopped working''.

I have asked romovs about it and he said: ''probably some of client's libraries need to be updated as the original ones are pretty old and might be the reason for this crash. i'll take a look into it...''

So then I thought great, Romov will look at it sometime and it will be good :)

For now: we shall play the beginning on the vanilla client. Believe it doesn't even show foragables on map but better than not playing at all...

Then when he logged into the Vanilla client it said '' Haven&Hearth unexpectedly quit''

The files I have attached to this post are erorr logs from the attempt with Amber client to play.
That Amber doesn't work for some reason I think ok sure but why the fuck would Vanilla be unable to play, can anyone help :D ?

On my girlfriends shitty mac (the lightest version) vanilla client even worked as I remember tameing animals on it sometime.
This guy got his mac for school initially but runs shit like rocket league and some other games.

Thanks for reading & thanks in advance to attempted help, as you can understand such an experience is quite demotivating while Haven is a great game :D
Attachments
hs_err_pid11903.log
(50.71 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
hs_err_pid11933.log
(49.85 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
hs_err_pid11956.log
(49.97 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Headchef

Re: [TECHNICAL] {MAC} Need help for a friend with Haven

Postby Miss_Min » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeah, I know less than I used to about how these things work, but the default client *usually* works reasonably well on my newish mac. In Legacy I could expect it to crash once every 20 minutes or so if there was anyone else around, these days it's better but does occasionally crash for no apparent reason (sometimes it gets scared by e.g. walking through a door, or seeing a cow).

I can't get Amber to install at all because of the permissions thing.

So I use Ender's client, which isn't as shiny as Amber but still has the grid for landscaping, alt+shift+click for bulk moving of things, and you can see people on the minimap. Yay?
Miss_Min

Postby tatormator » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:44 am

Please help me i have a friend on mac and he has no idea whats wrong so right now he trying playing but stupidly pressed open with and now word art or something, we can not find the java open with file and try reinstalling java we dont know how to find the directory or allow it or anything please help
tatormator

Postby messkaline » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm

messkaline

Return to The Wizards' Tower