Botting api

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Botting api

Postby ctopolon3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 pm

shubla wrote:People had bots that would build walls, they would clear the trees, pave the area and build the palisade/brickwall, of course bots to chop trees, teleport them to idol in one big stack, or make the bricks. Automatically.
High quality animals yielded a lot of meat, so people made bots that would butcher the animal, make the sausage, fill cupboards with it, and then eat them all with runstarve. Automatically. Of course those animals were fed by bot.
Could the same happen for hafen? Maybe.

its already here
ctopolon3

Postby foomanchu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 am

Scaramouche wrote:Botting is ugly. All botters must die in a terrible pain.
Dont ruin my game plz. Go bot meinkraft.

foomanchu

Postby Fostik » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 am

Really need an client with api.
That's to hard to learn java and make own api, but mutch easier to make a JS scripts using api.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby shubla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:38 am

Fostik wrote:Really need an client with api.
That's to hard to learn java and make own api, but mutch easier to make a JS scripts using api.

Making a botting API that does not suck is quite difficult and time consuming too.
Major issue is not java, but the code of client and how it works, and how to handle this all in a botting api in a good way.

Maybe one could just copy stuff from the union client api, because stuff has not changed that much...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby foomanchu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Fostik wrote:That's to hard to learn java and make own api, but mutch easier to make a JS scripts using api.

i disagree. never touched java prior to modifying the client last world as in legacy i used union/arksu/other api clients..
if you can code JS scripts from scratch, i think its a small step to learn how to do similar things in java (provided you have examples to help you learn.. example bots you can look at from amber/purus pasta)

my hardest part in learning how to code for my client was figuring out (being taught :P) how to get started with intellij and compiling for the first time
fortunately lostjustice posted a tutorial on getting started that way
next step could be looking inside menugrid.java to see how romov adds buttons to the menu / starts scripts and bots
foomanchu

Postby xdragonlord18 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:30 pm

loftar should just release an api for the client so that it is easier to bot or even better they should make botting a core mechanic of the game this would make haven much better i think
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby Granger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:24 pm

xdragonlord18 wrote:loftar should just release an api for the client

You realize that, as the client is fully open source, your request had ben fulfilled some years ago?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby xdragonlord18 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Granger wrote:
xdragonlord18 wrote:loftar should just release an api for the client

You realize that, as the client is fully open source, your request had ben fulfilled some years ago?

sorry my bad i thought we were all smart enough to understand but i guess i need to be more clear loftar should just release documentation for the client api are u happy now granger happy that i said what everyone else already knew
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby Granger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 pm

xdragonlord18 wrote:loftar should just release documentation for the client api

The client implements the API, you can't get a more precise documentation than that.
Sure, he might be lazy when it comes to pick names for stuff, but one should be able to figure out what is what by simply attaching a debugger and watching the controlflow.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby xdragonlord18 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Granger wrote:
xdragonlord18 wrote:loftar should just release documentation for the client api

The client implements the API, you can't get a more precise documentation than that.
Sure, he might be lazy when it comes to pick names for stuff, but one should be able to figure out what is what by simply attaching a debugger and watching the controlflow.

who granger who has done this to u name names and the person will b brought to justice for abusing u cuz u must have been abused for u to think that that is a precise as it gets its not laziness that plagues the client its loftar speak that does it one must assume meaning behind made up acronyms and decrypt the madness that is the haven client anyone who thinks that attaching a debugger is a fine replacement for proper documentation is someone who has never had to work on a large project that someone else has made at the very least it shows u really havent looked around much in the haven client
xdragonlord18

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower