Botting api

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Botting api

Postby hery76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Scaramouche wrote:Botting is ugly. All botters must die in a terrible pain.
Dont ruin my game plz. Go bot meinkraft.

Your game? ¦]

Every big faction has them, still you are not complaining nor they are ruining your game, perhaps you even go to CF and other markets hm :roll:
hery76

Postby iamahh » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm

it's beautiful
iamahh

Postby Scaramouche » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm

hery76 wrote:

Your game? ¦]

Every big faction has them, still you are not complaining nor they are ruining your game, perhaps you even go to CF and other markets hm :roll:

No I actually complain about bots to every person I meet.
Its just wrong..... Dont make the dead game even more dead I beg you.....

ASKED TO BE BANNED
Last edited by Granger on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: banned for dead game, no reason to be here when you view it to be in that state.
Scaramouche

Postby joojoo1975 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:31 pm

shubla wrote:You dont have to use bots if you dont want to.
Big factions probably use them anyway. I think that everyone should have access to use them, if somebody has.

and that's the #1 reason botting isn't really a public thing. First off, I'm guessing these scripts and programs aren't like a 5 minute make, it prolly takes some time to write the program, test it for glaring bugs and work arounds and whatnot.

But, i think your 100% right when you state the big/major factins use em. which is a shame, but it cannot be helped since the devs, at this time, rather expend thier energies on other things rather than botting.

with that said, if you are wanting to bring bots to the general public, be careful, more than likely if you are a good programmer, one of these big factions will want you with them. for mainly the fact they dont want you giving your fruits to the general public. if all the programmers were like you Shubla then there prolly wouldnt be big/major factions as the bot creators would had leveled the playing field from the start.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby joojoo1975 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 pm

hery76 wrote:Every big faction has them,

hmm coincidence, I think not
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby spawningmink » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:45 pm

scaramouched has never botted and hes extremely against it....even hear the word botting makes me sick to my stomach! I think i need to go sit down after reading this thread
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby ctopolon3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 pm

sometimes bottings is good
https://certainly-not-a-cat.github.io/f ... /dark.html
sometimes - is bad

but i'd like to play sanbox game world. made by players, not by scipts (it can be made by devs if it neccecary)
ctopolon3

Postby Aceb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm

I would personally never bot but I know people who if got their hands on something like this, they would.

I guess it would become second Tibia, bots running around faction or non-faction.

The thing is, faction bots has somekind protection, non-faction might perhaps die a quick faster from faction players.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby hery76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 pm

I think all this talk is totally unnecessary...

A botting API is not a bot! With that said, every guy that can use this API (if it ever goes "live") to an extent of creating a "good" bot would have done it ages ago without it aswell.
Theres Scrifen API, Amber's scripts, Purus scripts and others on this same forum with source code available to everyone.

And i don't really see a problem, some game tasks are a pain and for a casual guy with a casual RL time may not be friendly sometimes which can make a task be lost (lets say cheese turning into generic..).
hery76

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:07 pm

At least in legacy, botting went a bit too far I think.
People had bots that would build walls, they would clear the trees, pave the area and build the palisade/brickwall, of course bots to chop trees, teleport them to idol in one big stack, or make the bricks. Automatically.
High quality animals yielded a lot of meat, so people made bots that would butcher the animal, make the sausage, fill cupboards with it, and then eat them all with runstarve. Automatically. Of course those animals were fed by bot.
Foraging bots and all. Its difficult to come up with things that WERE NOT automated on legacy.
Could the same happen for hafen? Maybe.

Maybe fighting.
There are not any functioning fighting bots that I know of, even though HnH combat could be automated quite easily. Of course this would not work against players, as they could come up with strategies to counter bots.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower