Why won't my maps folder update?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Why won't my maps folder update?

Postby ecco » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:29 am

hey all. I'm not too knowledgeable on the code for haven and hearth, so I figure this is the best place to ask.

so, I use the amber client on a windows 10 computer. I have a few extra scripts inside the folder where I keep h&h/amber, including one that makes the exit buttons larger, and the map updater for the haven world map. I like contributing to the haven world map, as I tend to travel a lot with my characters. however, the updater pulls from images and code in the /map folder. the issue is, this /map folder hasn't been updated with my newest map information since before the last time I took a break from h&h (8 months ago now). I know this because each playtime where new maps were created, the /map folder got updated with a new folder with a timestamp on it, and the latest folder was from april 10th.

has this happened for anyone else, where the /map folder just stopped adding new map data? my in-game world map of what I've seen is saved fine. was this changed in an update at some point? is there a way I can manually push out the data into the /map folder?

thank you everyone for your time!
ecco

Return to The Wizards' Tower