Client update notice 2018-01-07

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Client update notice 2018-01-07

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 am

I've pushed some client changes to the public repos for purposes of forward compatibility. Partly for upcoming combat system changes, partly for other miscellaneous reasons, it is very likely that the server will require the changes after the next update; so if you want your custom clients to keep working after that, it would be wise to merge the changes up until protocol version 14. The default client is already using the changes.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: Client update notice 2018-01-07

Postby Zesto » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:16 am

World reset confirmed?????!!!!

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by loftar on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Keep jokes about world resets to at least remotely relevant threads
Zesto

Postby ricky » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:53 am

Zesto wrote:World reset confirmed?????!!!!

Hot damn, pushing for combat changes already? I didn't think those were gonna be in the works for at least a month. So should we expect the new combat system by February? :P
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Teleskop » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 am

Zesto wrote:World reset confirmed?????!!!!

loftar sure knows how to squash hype
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 am

ricky wrote:Hot damn, pushing for combat changes already? I didn't think those were gonna be in the works for at least a month. So should we expect the new combat system by February? :P

We figured that the changes we want to implement are fairly independent of each other, so we intend to try and push them incrementally so that they can be tested continuously.

Teleskop wrote:loftar sure knows how to squash hype

loftar

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 am

Please fix Valhalla so that we can use the full range of abilities when the new combat system hits

Also, a way to pick our own gearset or set qualities would be amazing. There is too much q variety on the ground currently and it's just not realistic
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:05 am

I just pushed another change, which is "compatible", so that you won't crash if you lack it, but you won't be able to utilize combat fully without it.
loftar

Postby JavierV » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 am

loftar wrote:I've pushed some client changes to the public repos for purposes of forward compatibility. Partly for upcoming combat system changes, partly for other miscellaneous reasons, it is very likely that the server will require the changes after the next update; so if you want your custom clients to keep working after that, it would be wise to merge the changes up until protocol version 14. The default client is already using the changes.

hola soy nuevoy vi que los graficos ya no son 2d por que si el 2d es perfecto que les pasa
JavierV

Postby borka » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:45 am

Hola Javier - forums language is english with exception of Dwarves & Thieves subthread for recruting - so at least drop in a google translation ;)

Hi, I'm new and I saw that the graphics are not 2d anymore, because if the 2D is perfect, what happens to them?

Since August 2015 the 2.5D version of heaven and hearth is the actual one (atm with world 10) on a new code base ... while the 2D version is called "legacy" now and still runs with world 7 since June 2013 but is not getting updated or reset - if you want to play legacy you'd need to buy a verified account for 15$ at the store page ... atm there is a default client and the 64 Bit Union client Kaizo has edited to be compatible with the legacy server for download ... but be aware that only a maximum of about 30 different ppl are playing on legacy server regularly... most players had switched to the actual as it offers many more opportunities for game play and gets updates regularly ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Return to The Wizards' Tower