Inquiry about QoL feature: CONES!

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Inquiry about QoL feature: CONES!

Postby HawkyTom » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello there I'm a new player to Haven and Hearth, started playing late in World 10 and I'm completely hooked!! Introductions aside...

-I Find myself studying Cone Cows 24/7 since I've started playing (in addition to other things of course)...
-Spend a hour or two a day at least searching for cones. (The LP per hour for just 1 mental weight is too good for me to pass up!)

Is there any Custom Clients that feature any sort of visual indictator that displays on Trees to let you know if it has CONES? or if they have already been picked.

Currently I end up right-click every single cone-bearing tree (PINE/Fir/Spruce) and hope that I haven't already picked that tree 'recently' (they take awhile to come back).

It would be a great QoL feature to pick these cones faster and less grueling if there was a visual indicator showing on the tree if it had cones or not basically!

Does a feature like this exist in any of the Custom clients currently?? or any sort of mod? (if not a i think it could be a great addition :D) Thanks in advance!
HawkyTom

Re: Inquiry about QoL feature: CONES!

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 pm

dont believe anything exists as of right now for this. I will say however that i believe this is something that the developers would like to implement, but you wont see it until objects can control other objects.
AntiBlitz

Postby borka » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:56 pm

You'd need a "cone picker" script for that ... the information of the state of trees /world is known to the server only and i don't think there is (nor should be) a way for the clients to retrieve this information as a whole. (Which would be unfunning also as you could immediatly know where high q spots are ... )

So it needs to ask for each certain information ... which could be automated by scripts in the client. Not sure whether any exists or if there is a high interest in doing one ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby HawkyTom » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Oh I didn't realize that all that was involved!! I have the Amber Client and I've seen number indicators on the screen for progress on trees growing and crop growing, didn't realize that it would be something different from that. Thanks for the info!
HawkyTom

Postby borka » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:39 pm

RoBWiki wrote:Most, if not all trees seem to take about 150 hours (a little over 6 days) to fully mature on any forest terrain.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Tree

You might try for yourself if the "refill time" is the same by harvesting certain trees in a certain area - set a timer and try again after timer ran out ...

if you find out the "refill time" it might be build into a client when it's not a random timing (?) ... (that way crop and tee planting growth progress showing in clients work as we know the timing)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Return to The Wizards' Tower