Cookbook

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Cookbook

Postby qoonpooka » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:34 am

I've noticed that it doesn't have calculations for %stat for anything aside from PSY?

INT, for example, everything lists 0% for. It seems a simple thing to compute, but I'm guessing those %s were manually added? And/or is there a bug where only PSY works for some reason?
qoonpooka

Postby not_a_cat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:12 pm

qoonpooka wrote:I've noticed that it doesn't have calculations for %stat for anything aside from PSY?

It calculates % for stat with max FEPs when "Attribute min. value" filter is empty. Otherwise stat from filter is calculated. E. g. when you search for "int 4", last column will contain percents for Int stat.
Would a separated manual switch for Attributes to calculate % be better?
not_a_cat

Postby vatas » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:51 pm

not_a_cat wrote:
vatas wrote:a tool that would help calculate if certain type of food will be enough to fill a hunger bar?

That's good idea. FEP bar, the left one, correct?
I guess it would be better to calculate total FEP sum in the game UI. So a player doesn't have to type all modifiers values (hunger level, char's sats, table's mod, subscription, etc.) into fields beside food name, ingredients and quality. The problem is pepper: i think game client is unable to keep track of what food was sprinkled and with what Q pepper.

Yes, I meant the FEP bar. Weird mistake to make. I was indeed thinking of some sort of calculator thing where you'd need to input all those variables. I agree that in optimal case, the client would do it automatically. Pepper is indeed problem as only thing telling if food has it or not is single line in tooltip and there's no mention of the quality.

I was generally looking a way to find foods that would "one-shot" my FEP bar without too much of a waste.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 pm

would be nice if calc will show best food (setup of food) for selected attr, where i can choose and set Q and bonuses to calc hm resources i'll need to raise attr by 100
ctopolon4

Postby qoonpooka » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:23 pm

not_a_cat wrote:
qoonpooka wrote:I've noticed that it doesn't have calculations for %stat for anything aside from PSY?

It calculates % for stat with max FEPs when "Attribute min. value" filter is empty. Otherwise stat from filter is calculated. E. g. when you search for "int 4", last column will contain percents for Int stat.

except it doesn't. I do "INT 1" and all entries show "0%" for INT. It works as you say for PSY.

Windows 10, Chrome, all current.

And now I can't even get it to work for PSY

https://imgur.com/3v5yGJD
qoonpooka

Postby julian12it » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 am

qoonpooka wrote:
not_a_cat wrote:

except it doesn't. I do "INT 1" and all entries show "0%" for INT. It works as you say for PSY.

Windows 10, Chrome, all current.

And now I can't even get it to work for PSY

https://imgur.com/3v5yGJD

Worked for me, try deleting your cookies or something. Try another browser.

julian12it

Postby not_a_cat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

qoonpooka wrote:I do "INT 1" and all entries show "0%" for INT

Indeed, it doesn't work for caps, only for lowercase.
Thank you very much for notice, qoonpooka.
___
Hopefully fixed
Last edited by not_a_cat on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not_a_cat

Postby qoonpooka » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm

not_a_cat wrote:
qoonpooka wrote:I do "INT 1" and all entries show "0%" for INT

Indeed, it doesn't work for caps, only for lowercase.
Thank you very much for notice, qoonpooka. Will fix that

Yay I helped!
qoonpooka

Postby qoonpooka » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Now also noticing that the new paged results (which look really crisp, btw) aren't sorting correctly. I order by % chance of target stat and it orders the first page well enough but only the results of the first page. Bottom of page 1 will show a 7% recipe, but on the next page I'm finding all sorts of higher %s. This makes the 'order by' function somewhat pointless and especially tedious for stats that have dozens of pages of things (like Wil).
qoonpooka

Postby not_a_cat » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Thank you for the message, qoonpooka
You are right, i have not updated sorting after pagination was added. Hope to fix it soon.
As a temporary solution for sorting purposes you may try getting a single page of results by more strict filtering and ?limit=N option
___
Global sorting should be fixed
Last edited by not_a_cat on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not_a_cat

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower