Ardennes Hafen Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ardennes Hafen Client

Postby DamJNeT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks man, and much love, everytime I ask a question you answer it super quick ! You're the best :)
DamJNeT

Postby DamJNeT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
DamJNeT wrote:Thanks. Where are the maps stored please ? I can't find them under the folder I'm launching the client from. And I don't know where to look :(
Maps are stored in %appdata%/Haven and hearth/data, map tile .png files for uploading to odditown would be in the client directory in a maps folder.

Errrm, my case is weird I guess.
I checked in the client directory before asking my question, cause I don't have a map directory in there, wich I have with amber for example. So I don't have any maps saved in my ardeness directory.

And the %appdata%/Haven and hearth/data only shows a ton of random numbers+letters like 00b4adefqf.0
So the files are all .0, no .png

I checked in my amber directory, but there are no folders from this world. Wich is weird, cause I played on that one before using your client.

So in the end, I have maps stored somewhere but I don't know where :D
DamJNeT

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:27 pm

DamJNeT wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:
DamJNeT wrote:Thanks. Where are the maps stored please ? I can't find them under the folder I'm launching the client from. And I don't know where to look :(
Maps are stored in %appdata%/Haven and hearth/data, map tile .png files for uploading to odditown would be in the client directory in a maps folder.

And the %appdata%/Haven and hearth/data only shows a ton of random numbers+letters like 00b4adefqf.0
So the files are all .0, no .png
These are the actual maps that your client uses to load your ingame map. Grid images in .png format are just used for uploading to mapping websites like Odditown. If you switched to this client and don't have your maps, you likely need to change the "https" in the run.bat to "http"
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby DamJNeT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 pm

I just wanted to use this viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41026 to merge maps and try to find the spot for ore I found while prospecting.
I changed the https to http in the .bat, but I'm confused at how it's gonna help :o
DamJNeT

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 pm

DamJNeT wrote:I just wanted to use this viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41026 to merge maps and try to find the spot for ore I found while prospecting.
I changed the https to http in the .bat, but I'm confused at how it's gonna help :o
Misunderstood what you wanted, you need to toggle on "Save map tiles to disk" in general settings then. I think you can also do a :savemap command in the console to spit out all your map tiles into your folder.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby DamJNeT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

And how do I get the console ? You were right, the option wasn't checked, silly me
DamJNeT

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:01 pm

DamJNeT wrote:And how do I get the console ? You were right, the option wasn't checked, silly me
While not focusing the chat window, just type :savemap hitting : should pop open a little invisible entry box above chat I believe.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby DamJNeT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Indeed it does, I coudln't see it without moving the chatbox tho :) Thank you for that.

Do you think you could add a button that swaps between levels on the map ?
I'd like to center on my character and put a marker at the same position but on another level.
DamJNeT

Postby Omnipotent » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:30 pm

Hey there Ardennes!

I noticed when attempting to add some custom sfx (they are in the proper .res file format) they were not automatically added to the list of available sounds. It is possible to overwrite the currently existing sounds by using the exact same name, but that is somewhat undesirable for obvious reasons.

In addition to this, the dropdown sfx list does not have a scroll bar. So depending on where the window is, some of the text can scroll off-screen and you have to drag the window up to see all of the available sounds.

Are there any plans to add support for easily/automatically adding custom sounds in the sfx folder? And can we please get a scroll bar on the sounds dropdown? Thank you for your hard work! Loving these latest updates.
Omnipotent

Postby Ardennesss » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Omnipotent wrote:Hey there Ardennes!

I noticed when attempting to add some custom sfx (they are in the proper .res file format) they were not automatically added to the list of available sounds. It is possible to overwrite the currently existing sounds by using the exact same name, but that is somewhat undesirable for obvious reasons.

In addition to this, the dropdown sfx list does not have a scroll bar. So depending on where the window is, some of the text can scroll off-screen and you have to drag the window up to see all of the available sounds.

Are there any plans to add support for easily/automatically adding custom sounds in the sfx folder? And can we please get a scroll bar on the sounds dropdown? Thank you for your hard work! Loving these latest updates.

Yeah the long term goal is to not need to be a gate keeper for alarm additions but currently it requires that every alarm be added to a list to load. I don't know that dropdown lists support scroll bars in general, might have to check and see. I'll be overhauling that entire system again in the next couple weeks anyway since the way boshaw does alarms is massively superior.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower