API Documentation

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

API Documentation

Postby syn92 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:05 am

Is there API documentation available? I could try to dig through the source for the existing client but I'm hoping to avoid that, particularly because the project is a bit of a mess. If the API is documented I can work from scratch.
syn92

Re: API Documentation

Postby boshaw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:07 am

syn92 wrote:Is there API documentation available? I could try to dig through the source for the existing client but I'm hoping to avoid that, particularly because the project is a bit of a mess. If the API is documented I can work from scratch.

No. The best you have is http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/doc-src and maybe some forum posts by others that have taken the time to document the protocol, which may be outdated.
boshaw

Postby De_Luxe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Maybe someone from experienced guys can create tutorial how client and server communicate? How create connection to the server from outside, send and receive data? I really want try create my own client but i'm newbie in java and I can't understand code from source. I have a great desire try to create a client for mobile. PM me if you can help and i will buy you a bottle of beer :)
De_Luxe

Postby borka » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I recently found diagram i made to describe H&H protocol. Maybe someone will find this usefull: http://i.imgur.com/GFv4Jft.png
IIRC it's still missing obj messages, but the main features should be present there

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40296&start=20#p736050
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Return to The Wizards' Tower