World Map Enhanced

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:28 pm

neeco wrote:
azrid wrote:Some backstory:
Shubla made a joke Ardennes has a keylogger in his client and now Ardennes shit talks him everywhere possible.


But it does have one? Just look in the code lol.
Post it then.
Ardennesss
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Don't you understand that its a joke? ¦]
Stop derailing my thread.

Even if it was not a joke, why would you care about it and waste your time on it? Do you understand that attention is all what trolls want, and you are giving me plenty of it :roll:
Image
Drain the swamp, burn the swampmonster
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
User avatar
shubla
Under curfew
 
Posts: 9975
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Finland

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:17 pm

shubla wrote:Don't you understand that its a joke? ¦]Even if it was not a joke, why would you care about it and waste your time on it? Do you understand that attention is all what trolls want, and you are giving me plenty of it :roll:
I'm choosing to fight your trolling by showing everyone what a lying piece of shit you are ;)

Image
Ardennesss
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby Burinn » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Leave my Shubla alone!
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
User avatar
Burinn
Under curfew
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:48 pm
Location: Internet Prison Plotting Her Escape

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby MightySheep » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:21 pm

this is a very useful feature tbh and at least its not logging my password or making me die in pvp :roll: so i CANT COMPLAIN REALLY
Confirmed best vegetable in the game
User avatar
MightySheep
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:30 pm

MightySheep wrote:this is a very useful feature tbh and at least its not logging my password or making me die in pvp :roll: so i CANT COMPLAIN REALLY

Thank you.
Somebody asked me earlier if I can see the markers that people put on map, and I could if I wanted yes, as they are saved in database.
But there is really no way of preventing that, as the markers must be saved somewhere so that you can share them with your mates.
But I am not going to give them to anyone, except to those who have access to the link.
If you are real paranoid, you can name them in uninformative ways or something so its not much help if somebody can get hold of them.
Image
Drain the swamp, burn the swampmonster
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
User avatar
shubla
Under curfew
 
Posts: 9975
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Finland

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby infectedking3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm

Alg should put a donation button onto the Odditown map and the markers, that would easily cover hosting costs for the server and a haven hat or 2
infectedking3
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:30 pm

infectedking3 wrote:Alg should put a donation button onto the Odditown map and the markers, that would easily cover hosting costs for the server and a haven hat or 2

Go suggest that in his thread then, not here.
Image
Drain the swamp, burn the swampmonster
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
User avatar
shubla
Under curfew
 
Posts: 9975
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Finland

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby qazdec2 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 am

shubla wrote:But there is really no way of preventing that, as the markers must be saved somewhere so that you can share them with your mates.

1. you could have kept markers at any json online storage like http://myjson.com, https://data.mossengine.com/, https://jsonblob.com/, https://jsonbin.io/ and used their data url as a user's secret key which neither sent, nor saved on your server (some of those storages have limitations, so import/export buttons would be good to make possible local backups);
2. you could have used E2E encryption, so all markers are encrypted/decrypted locally by user's secret key and you keep ONLY encrypted data in your database so you can't read it without a key even if you want.
qazdec2
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby shubla » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 am

qazdec2 wrote:
shubla wrote:But there is really no way of preventing that, as the markers must be saved somewhere so that you can share them with your mates.

1. you could have kept markers at any json online storage like http://myjson.com, https://data.mossengine.com/, https://jsonblob.com/, https://jsonbin.io/ and used their data url as a user's secret key which neither sent, nor saved on your server (some of those storages have limitations, so import/export buttons would be good to make possible local backups);
2. you could have used E2E encryption, so all markers are encrypted/decrypted locally by user's secret key and you keep ONLY encrypted data in your database so you can't read it without a key even if you want.

If we assume that I am not to be trusted, then none of those options work.
I could just replace the javascript with one that sends me the markers, unencrypted, and no one would notice it.
So we can just go the easy route and save them in my database.
Image
Drain the swamp, burn the swampmonster
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
User avatar
shubla
Under curfew
 
Posts: 9975
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Finland

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest