Vant use Dedicated graphics card

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Vant use Dedicated graphics card

Postby CelticWarroir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:02 am

I have a GTX 1650 that runs other games just fine. But Haven and Hearth only seems to use my integrated graphics. I tried disabling Intel graphics but then when I open the game an error pops up saying couldn't find Intel graphics. Setting javaw.exe to use the nvidia graphics card also produced the same error. How can I use my better graphics card.
CelticWarroir

Re: Vant use Dedicated graphics card

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 am

This is semi-common issue, using search I was able to find multiple topics. What I can gather you should nuke your current Java, reboot and install latest one from Oracle website. 64-bit if you have 64-bit OS.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:00 am

Best bet is to go into BIOS and disable integrated graphics (if your motherboard chipset supports it).

Make sure you set "java.exe," too, and not just "javaw.exe." The batch files to launch a client call one or the other. You can possibly change the batch file from "java.exe" to "javaw.exe" without causing problems. It might not work the other way, though.

vatas wrote:This is semi-common issue, using search I was able to find multiple topics. What I can gather you should nuke your current Java, reboot and install latest one from Oracle website. 64-bit if you have 64-bit OS.

Won't really help as the Nvidia drivers will still try to hand off control to the integrated graphics as long as they're there. It would likely eliminate the crashes.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby CelticWarroir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:30 pm

It finally worked just by right clicking the batch file and selecting which graphics processor to use. Disabling my integrated graphics led to my laptop screen experiencing some hitching.
CelticWarroir

Return to The Wizards' Tower