Market/Barter Stand API?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Market/Barter Stand API?

Postby Rexz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Would it be possible to fetch API data from say, all the barter stands in the world?
Would be cool if someone can design a website to fetch API data from all the stands and we can see whats available for sale without having to ask or go there ourselves.
Rexz

Re: Market/Barter Stand API?

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:53 pm

It certainly is possible.
The only problem is collecting data.
You would either have to trust in people to submit data into the API, or then build some autonomous bot that walks around hearthlands searching for barterstands.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Rexz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:17 pm

shubla wrote:It certainly is possible.
The only problem is collecting data.
You would either have to trust in people to submit data into the API, or then build some autonomous bot that walks around hearthlands searching for barterstands.

Perhaps build it so you can toggle data feeding on or off at specific barter stand. That way people can choose what they want to have be public. Not sure how stressful it would be on the server, I am not an advanced coder so I wouldn't know.
Rexz

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:26 pm

To get around what shubla stated, we'd need an API opened by loftar on the server for gathering exising items on barter stands. It's very possible, and probably not that hard, to implement. It would take some time, and I'm not sure of the practical use of it. (I don't do a lot of trading and travelling, so I'm probably not even close to a good judge of usefulness.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby borka » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:52 am

What sense would it make if you knew what's in my Barter Stands which are used village internally only ?!? Would you like a peek-a-cup API too ?!? ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Rexz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:05 am

borka wrote:What sense would it make if you knew what's in my Barter Stands which are used village internally only ?!? Would you like a peek-a-cup API too ?!? ;)

The point of the thread is to bring about discussion, if you had read the discussion you would have seen that I also suggested for this to be an optional mechanic if you want to toggle your stand to be seen publicly, which would address your problem. :D
Rexz

Postby borka » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:27 pm

yep - sorry i misread that toggle part Rexz :) Prolly a better market management tool including this would come handy ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby terechgracz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:13 pm

borka wrote:What sense would it make if you knew what's in my Barter Stands which are used village internally only ?!? Would you like a peek-a-cup API too ?!? ;)

Ofc it would be stupid, and this kind of data is useless for anyone so the whole api idea would be useless(because of clutter).
But, instead making game better for programmers(and stranger for mortals), there could be whole support for trading centres. Ie. special Village Idol, that scans for every barter stand and registers it's content(does have at least one product or has none), prices and Character Name(or not, because of kin system), this kind of data could be then seen by anyone who is standing inside this Village Idol regions + maybe from h&h official site.
terechgracz

Postby nikitron » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Good Idea. And I think will be nice to have a "share" checkbox in barter stands settings to share content in the API...
nikitron

Return to The Wizards' Tower