Minimal clean UI client add-on

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Minimal clean UI client add-on

Postby Undefined » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:36 am

I created this last time I played a few years back and thankfully it still worked when I came back a couple of weeks ago because I know the standard UI messiness, while I'm sure artistically is appreciated by some people, annoys the hell out of me and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Just rename builin-res.jar and amber-res.jar to keep them as backups, then download the zip and extract the 2 jars into your client root folder, restart the client.

These may cause the client to crash in the future if new res are added in updates, I'll be looking for a more future proof option but while I'm playing for now I'll update when that happens.

Worth noting that the top bar of windows isn't entirely selectable without a tiny client edit which I cba to do, just drag it via it's title.
Also worth noting I haven't been able to test entirely with recent UI adjusting changes in the last 3 years as I've only been playing a couple of weeks and couldn't finish any Credos but I expect it'll be fine.
Also Armor Class is almost invisible in the paperdoll, I'll possibly fix this, but no assurances.

Example:

Download: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/hnh-custom-ui.zip
Last edited by Undefined on Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Undefined

Re: Minimal clean UI client add-on

Postby peanutzrgud » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:07 am

put the res folder in the haven folder, restarted, tried everything, it just wont show up. Any idea what im missing?
peanutzrgud

Postby maze » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:54 am

the icons are a little off in enders but it works.

Make sure to put it in the "client-res"
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby peanutzrgud » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:06 am

maze wrote:the icons are a little off in enders but it works.

Make sure to put it in the "client-res"

so i downloaded the ender client to try it.
the only "client-res" is a java file, so i made a folder called client-res (also tried for amber)
i tried putting the res folder into the client-res folder, and when that didnt work, i tried putting the gfx into it

I have NO clue why a simple res mod wont work for me - Windows, Linux, amber, ender, purus, nothing what is the issue?
peanutzrgud

Postby borka » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:51 am

aw too bad just copying over to builtin-res.jar just gives loads of errors ... tested with Amber
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Undefined » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:12 am

This is my fault, I thought it was working when apparently it wasn't- though it was for me, weird, probably a reason - it sort of works for Ender's
It basically needed to be merged into the JARs which I was against doing as they're likely to update at some point and I don't want to leave anyone high and dry if I'm not playing to keep them updated when they do :)
(Just copying them over doesn't work because of the JAR indexing so the META-INF folder has to be deleted too (Or the jar constructed properly, but who has time for that?!))
For now though here's the version for Amber client which I'm using myself: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/hnh-custom-ui.zip
Just extract and overwrite (Making backups of builtin-res.jar & amber-res.jar) - I haven't tested extensively but it seemed to be working for me.
I'll look into a more future proof option.
Undefined

Postby peanutzrgud » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:50 pm

Undefined wrote:This is my fault, I thought it was working when apparently it wasn't- though it was for me, weird, probably a reason - it sort of works for Ender's
It basically needed to be merged into the JARs which I was against doing as they're likely to update at some point and I don't want to leave anyone high and dry if I'm not playing to keep them updated when they do :)
(Just copying them over doesn't work because of the JAR indexing so the META-INF folder has to be deleted too (Or the jar constructed properly, but who has time for that?!))
For now though here's the version for Amber client which I'm using myself: http://protectorworld.com/files/hnh/hnh-custom-ui.zip
Just extract and overwrite (Making backups of builtin-res.jar & amber-res.jar) - I haven't tested extensively but it seemed to be working for me.
I'll look into a more future proof option.

Thank you. Will try this later and hope it works
peanutzrgud

Postby borka » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:45 pm

works
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby hazzor » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:25 pm

thanks, I like this.

I'd prefer it at maybe 25% more transparent I think but this is much easier on the eyes than the default.
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby tripp8 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:16 pm

yeah the update wiped it out
tripp8

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower