LOW FPS on HIGH END PC!

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: LOW FPS on HIGH END PC!

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 pm

Did you try the rewritten client, as vatas hinted at? It's what I always use these days, so the performance I get is measured on it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby wojsz20 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:35 pm

loftar wrote:Did you try the rewritten client, as vatas hinted at? It's what I always use these days, so the performance I get is measured on it.

I tried it.Game is smooth, i saw only server lags on this client.But this client dont have any feautres,so its unplayable for me.Probably found solution ATM.So if You went to Java official page You can see last standalone version from 14 JAN 2020.I downloaded +installed it.It is 32bit version ........I instaled 64bit version and basicly i have better frame rate now but still from 35-50 FPS at my village/no tearing at all.
wojsz20

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 pm

wojsz20 wrote:It is 32bit version ........I instaled 64bit version and basicly i have better frame rate now but still from 35-50 FPS at my village/no tearing at all.

Right. 32-bit Java is indeed a fair bit slower than 64-bit Java.
loftar

Postby ErdTod » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:49 pm

On my experience, rewritten client had worse framerate than Ambers client with some of the graphical features toggled off...
ErdTod

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:02 pm

ErdTod wrote:On my experience, rewritten client had worse framerate than Ambers client with some of the graphical features toggled off...
There's a hidden setting you have to toggle on the beta client that isn't advertised. It's posted somewhere in the first few pages of the beta client thread. You get poor performance until you turn that setting on, and it's off by default for reasons.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby ErdTod » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:21 pm

Are you referring to "par: on"? Just tried that, and it made no difference :/ Also there no system log or whatever that would indicate that something changed, so IDK if I actually succeeded in turning it on...

Or are you reffering to clearing the resources cache?
ErdTod

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:44 pm

ErdTod wrote:Are you referring to "par: on"? Just tried that, and it made no difference :/ Also there no system log or whatever that would indicate that something changed, so IDK if I actually succeeded in turning it on...

If you didn't get an error, it worked. However, whether :par on gives any actual performance gains depends completely on the situation.
ErdTod wrote:On my experience, rewritten client had worse framerate than Ambers client with some of the graphical features toggled off...

To the extent that you're GPU-bound, turning graphical features off will definitely make more of an impact than any CPU optimization could ever do.
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:41 am

Anyone thought about checking driver settings? Nobody has mentioned if this is a desktop or laptop, what GPU is being used (is it the Nvidia or integrated Intel?), what kind of AA, AI, and other "driver level" settings are on? Since everything was reinstalled, this could have all changed from whatever it was set to prior to the reinstall to defaults.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pills » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am

I have the exact same issues on two separate pcs of similar builds.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3900X 12c/24t 3.8ghz
64GB DDR4 ram (can't remember speed)
Radeon 5700XT / GTX 2070

the card is the only real difference, both machines have awful frame rates on haven and hearth. Talking low 30's when walking around my village. the game never utilizes any of my cpu or GPU past 2% and 10% on both machines.

Its literally just haven and hearth that is shockingly bad for performance, all other games running amazing on both machines. Can't even blame it on java since minecraft runs just fine at well over 100 fps too
Pills

Postby Glorthan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 am

One thing that made a big difference in the past is if ram wasn't in dual channel mode (jcoles had that issue).

You could double check that with cpu-z or in your bios.
Glorthan

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower